Priceline Hotel: 2* Newark - Meadowlands (Newark) Hampton Inn Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk

courtdane
By courtdane,
in

New City Zone is now NJ - Newark. I believe that this used to be part of the NJ - Newark - Meadowlands (Newark - Airport EWR) zone. Now it looks like they have rezoned and created a "Newark" zone and a "Newark Airport (EWR) - Elizabeth" zone.

- Bidded 2* $45 Newark and was countered with $58 offer.

- Added 2* Jersey City and upped offer to $50. Accepted.

Hampton Inn Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk

100 Passaic Avenue

Harrison, NJ 07029

973-483-1900

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $50.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $50.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $15.07 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $65.07 (USD)

New City Zone is now NJ - Newark. I believe that this used to be part of the NJ - Newark - Meadowlands (Newark - Airport EWR) zone. Now it looks like they have rezoned and created a "Newark" zone and a "Newark Airport (EWR) - Elizabeth"

Wow, that is a new one for me! I like the new Newark zone, but I miss the old Elizabeth zone since many of the properties in the Airport EWR zone charge for parking. The Hampton Inn is really nice and they have a shuttle to the Harrison PATH Station. If there were a way to guarantee getting this hotel, I would bid this zone.

When in Harrison, check out the Spanish Pavilion across the street, the calamari appetizer and a salad and bread makes a nice dinner. Also, while in Harrison, check out Pechters Bakery for world class Rye bread, it's bread worth driving for and it freezes great.

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately we will not be there long. My wife and I are using Newark as a late night stopping off point on our trip from DC to NYC for the weekend. We won the Jersey City Hyatt Regency for Friday and Saturday night at $90/night (see other priceline win). :)

Because of the small size of the Newark Zone, I figured I had a pretty good shot at the Hampton Inn by bidding on a 2*. I don't think that anyone has posted any 2* wins for that area, even when it was part of the EWR Zone, other than the Hampton.

Merry Christmas!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]