Experience with Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee?

No no no
By No no no,
in

OK, so I found a room for EUR 96 (room + breakfast) on Expedia.com (including all taxes, fees, etc).

Lowest prices Marriott site has are EUR 99 (stay for breakfast) and EUR 79 (room only).

Do you think Marriott will apply the guarantee and slash 25% of EUR 96, or will they claim that the EUR 79 room is comparable room type and the guarantee does not apply?

I read terms and conditions http://marriott.com/look/default.mi and IMHO the case isn't clear, the rules could be bent in any direction. Has anyone used Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee before? Do they apply it only if ther's no other way, or do they follow logic a bit?

Our budget is tight, and EUR 96 isn't quite affordable, even -25% will be maximum we can spend... I e-mailed Marriott but the answer was vague of course - they look at it on a case-by-case basis.

N.

> What are the actual dates of the stay?

August 10-16. Does that matter? I figured out that EUR 96 -25% would be approximately the same as won on Priceline (after the taxes), but we get free breakfast. I hear Marriott's one is quite good.

> Please don't forget this site is an affiliate of the MARRIOTT

OK, I won't.

(BTW, thanks for correcting the subject line).

> What are the actual dates of the stay?

August 10-16. Does that matter?

Without the dates of your stay how can i look at the deal on both websites in order to see if their are any terms and/or conditions that might apply?

... but know i see i also need to know the city/hotel location look this up as well.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From their terms and conditions:

"The guarantee does not apply to the following rate types:

- Package rates that include the room and other components such as travel, car rental, entertainment, and/or non-breakfast meals. "

It seems to me that you've got a package rate - room + food component, and that the guarantee should clearly apply as the food component is a breakfast meal. I suppose there's no guarantee they'll honor their guarantee however :)

A couple of other issues I see:

- You say that the Expedia rate includes all taxes/fees. Marriott will look at the rate exclusive of all taxes and fees.

- The Expedia rate must have the same cancellation and advance purchase policies to qualify.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]