Priceline Hotel: Seeking 5* or 4* in LA/BH, Pasadena, or Santa Monica/Marina

AndrewOAz
By AndrewOAz,
in

This is an anniversary trip and seeking a really nice place for a couple nights in LA. The goal is somewhere in between Pasadena and Santa Monica, including Westwood, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, etc. Can stay a couple nights or one from November 5th to the 7th.

I have bid before successfully on here and now seeking a strategy when not targeting the area so tightly, but rather seeking to stay higher end? I think if I do this right, I can get something for $100-140/nt. Any helpful hints?

Did you want to try for a 5* up to your limit first before trying for a 4*? Are you comfortable receiving any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you select?

While some 4* hotels may be more business oriented then others, did you also want to consider HOTWIRE where you may be able to take an educated guess as to what you may receive, and therefore have a guess as to whether the hotel is more luxury vs. business oriented? This option will likely cost you a a little more than PRICELINE, but you'll have a little more control over the hotel and/or amenities offered by the hotel you receive.

Let us know your thoughts as to which service you think is better for your needs this trip and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I am open to any 5*, but don't see any 4* in the Pasadena area, though quite a few when you search Beverly Hills/Westwood/LA, etc. Not sure I'd want just any 4*, so yes, Hotwire is fine, especially if you see one you'd recommend. Thanks :) Again, we are open to both Sat.-5th and Sun.-6th or moving to two different if necessary, though closer to Pasadena the first night would be best and closer to ocean 2nd. I think easier to just get one hotel at a great rate.

Also, just looked at Hotwire on Betterbidding and it shows a Pasadena 4* for $103 (which hotel?) and a Pasadena 5* (clearly the Langham). I am curious as I don't see a 4* on Priceline in this area, so Hotwire must be upgrading one of their 3 1/2* hotels. I will look at Bevely Hills/Santa Monica/Marina next.

Also, just looked at HOTWIRE on Betterbidding and it shows a Pasadena 4* for $103 (which hotel?) and a Pasadena 5* (clearly the Langham).

Are you interested in what you believe to be the Langham for the price offered? If you'd like us to look at the Pasadena hotel please include the amenities HOTWIRE associates with this property.

Are these your first choice(s), or are you looking to bid on PRICELINE first, or looking at the Beverly Hills properties on HOTWIRE??

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, the Langham is fine, but no way for $187. If that were the $103, then yes, but I suspect it is the Westin? The amenities are: Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, and High-Speed Internet Access ......... however, it now shows only if I book both nights.

Ideally, I think we have decided finding a 4-5* near Pasadena is the goal for Sat. 5th and then willing to move for Sun. 6th toward Beverly Hills/Santa Monica/Marina area, again prefer 5*, but open to 4. Budget is still prefering less than $110.

Ideally, I think we have decided finding a 4-5* near Pasadena is the goal for Sat. 5th and then willing to move for Sun. 6th toward Beverly Hills/Santa Monica/Marina area...

So when searching HOTWIRE for just the nite of 11/5, does anything appear within your desired star rating and budget?

PRICELINE doesn't offer 5* bidding in Pasadena, and at the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Pasadena...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Well, we struck out. I have to say that historically, with the help of BetterBidding, I have learned how to do this successfully, But sometimes I guess it just doesn't work and this is one of them. I tried the above and no winning bids. We even tried other areas close like Glendale and Burbank 4*, still nothing. So, finally we gave up and took a 3* HOTWIRE that was $92 (yes, I'll go post over there too). Still bidding on our 2nd night and hope to have better luck by Beverly Hills.

Sorry to hear the bidding didn't work out for this leg of the stay.

We'll continue this thread for the second nite of your trip and will use this Hotwire Hotel thread you started to reflect your Pasadena Holiday Inn Express purchase.

Thanks for sharing your HOTWIRE purchase with the board and let us know if/how we can be of further help with the Beverly Hills portion of your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]