Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 5* Hotwire Istanbul Hotwire Hotel

hohogap
By hohogap,
in

• 4 weeks later...

I just got back from IST. Spent 11 nights in the Sultanahmet area - east and south of the area at which you are looking. If you zoom in on the map, you will see there are two Metro stops within the area. There also is a tram, although it doesn't show. If you buy an Istanbul card at 6 Turkish Lira (a little over $3) and load it with $$, rides to anywhere on Metro, tram, bus, funicular and many boats will run about $1 a leg. I walked from the Sultanahmet area to your area several times. It would be an easy location for getting everywhere else. While the area is longish, it is narrow. I'd guess worst case you could reach public transport in 10 minutes. And then another 5 minutes to the Grand Bazaar, 10 to the Blue Mosque, 15 to the Spice Market and a little longer across the Golden Horn and up the funicular to Taksim Square on on a boat to the Asian side!

While the streets are busy and the sidewalks teeming with people, it felt safe in the day time - even for a single caucasian non-muslim grandmother. (When traveling alone, I don't push my luck by wandering after dark so can't comment on that).

It is a commercial/apartment/small business area. Along the more main streets are shops and restaurants.

How wrong can you go with a 5* hotel for $86?

I haven't done my hotel review for the 4* Hotwire at $70 something, but I thought it was great.

Romelle

$86/night on HW. Ammenities include:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Doesn't match any HW hotels ammenities noted on the BB Board. Thoughts?

I looked at the Hotwire offerings for when they identified the hotel - the non-opaque ones. The Barcelo Eresin Topkapi hotel is the right star level, in the right general area, and does include the amenities of the opaque $86 one. For direct purchase, it is $97. Could be the one???

I'm not a moderator, but got curious. My best guess. At least it might give you a general idea of what might happen.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]