Hotwire Hotel: Wrigley Field

bosox2695
By bosox2695,
in

The two core downtown areas on PRICELINE are River North-NMA (North of the River downtown) and Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park (South of the River.)

On HOTWIRE, the River North-NMA area on PRICELINE is split into Mag Mile-Streeterville (South half of the River North-NMA zone, essentially) and the NMA-Water Tower-Gold Coast are (North half of PRICELINE's River North-NMA area, essentially.) In terms of HOTWIRE, the Loop, NMA-Water Tower-GC and Mag Mile-Streeterville areas all would be fine, although the areas to the North of the river definitely have more in the way of nightlife. The Loop can be very quiet at night. Parking downtown at city lots is about $25.

If you are driving in, staying outside the city is cheaper - both in terms of hotel cost and that parking is often free in the 'burbs. However, which suburban area would largely depend on the matter of which way you are coming in from.

Please let us know if you have any questions and what you decide.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The Lincoln Park area is an option too, or even Skokie-Niles-Evanston if you don't mind driving to the L to take the train south to Wrigley Field (if that is your primary purpose for going). It's more complicated than being closer in, but hotel prices may be better if that's the main consideration. I lived near this area for 5 years and took the L downtown and by Wrigley every day. Just suburbia, however, if you're looking to do something different, then the City areas should be your choices. Good luck! I'm sure the moderators will be able to point you in the right direction.

If there's a game, the Lincoln Park area - which has few hotels to begin with and usually less aggressive discounts as a result - will likely not have much to offer, as the BW Hawthorne Terrace (which has not yet been reported as a win with either service) often is either full or sold out with visitors.

The suburbs are very nice, although whether or not staying outside the city is worthwhile depends on prices and whether the trip is worth the savings.

Bosox, what would be your desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 6 months later...

Bosox, I am a season ticket holder and if your looking for tickets email me as I got a lot of friends with tickets as well. We might be able to assist at good prices. I know I got 3 for Sunday I will sell for face. I would not suggest staying in the burbs if you can avoid it. You can normally get really cheap rooms in the O'Hare airport area and some might even have free parking. You can take the blue line EL train, like the T in Boston to Irving Park road and get a bus to a few blocks from Wrigley. I would suggest the River North Area, but parking is expensive in the city. If your near the Millenium Park area the garages there are half the price. I think the wife just paid $26 for the night, when the hotel was charging like $52. Good luck. If you reply back here I will give you an email.

• 2 weeks later...

2TravelingFools, was curious if you know if there is easy inexpensive parking around wrigley on non game day in the mornings. Were seeing some Giants v. Brewers games then coming down to do a tour at Wrigley on a thursday morning before flying back to CA in the afternoon. We got a hotel by ORD with free parking but since time will be tight thought about driving and parking for the tour.

Any suggestions on where would help!

You may be able to find street parking if there is no game in the surrounding area, but a serious note of caution: many of the streets in the neighborhoods nearby are permit parking (some may require permits at night only, but again, do definitely double check!) - do be sure to look for signs. Fodors also notes parking in the neighborhoods to the West of the field (http://www.fodors.com/news/story_4720.html), but again, I'd be really cautious of street signs. You can also call Wrigley to ask if Field lots are open on non-game days.

If you are there early, I like Slugger's Bar and Grill down the street.

I live 2 blocks from Wrigley and have car and sometimes sell out my deeded condo parking spot. If there is NO GAME, you can park nearby for the tour. Park west of the field. Permit parking doesn't take effect until 6pm-6am. So, you will be fine for the tour. For the game, there is parking around the ballpark for about $20 from people like me or the neighbors.

• 4 weeks later...

2Travelling... I'll be heading in Jun 10-14 and I believe there are 3 Tigers vs Cubs games that are available... do you have tix for 3 ppl on either the Tue Jun 12 or Wed Jun 13 games? Please PM me if you have any. Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]