Priceline Hotel: New Orleans (French Quarter or Downtown) Oct 21-24

Calladan
By Calladan,
in

Looking for some help here. I need 1 room for 3 nights in October. I have bid up to $100 for as low as 2 1/2 star hotel with no luck. I have checked some websites and it seems rates for Sunday night are cheaper than Friday and Saturday. Could I benefit by bidding seperately for Sunday? I don't mind moving if I can save a few dollars.

Also does anyone know why the rates are so high this weekend? I see other bids accepted for as low as $50. Should I wait until the time is closer in hopes of a better deal?

The moderators will be able to help with your bidding strategy, but I wanted to comment on waiting for rates to change. There's no guarantee that waiting will either result in higher or lower fares. Depends on inventory, etc., but as soon as your dates are confirmed, start bidding as will be suggested by the moderators. Not sure about what might be going on for your weekend, but Sundays are usually cheaper as the weekenders are gone and the business week is not yet in full swing. Splitting your bids may be able to save you money. The PL Calendar of wins at the top of this page shows a win for the 3* New Orleans (French Quarter) Holiday Inn Chateau Le Moyne for $51 ... 10/23/11-10/25/11 (which includes your Sunday). I bid through this web site on a Priceline hotel in August in New Orleans (awfully hot and muggy) and got the JW Marriott for $60! Great location on Canal and super accommodations, especially for the price. August has historically been a slower month (and cheaper hotel rates). Good luck!

Lastminutetravel.com has an "On Request" hotel for $82/night that is the Springhill Suites in the warehouse district. Not too far away from the French Quarter. LMT usually confirms within 24 hours. Total with taxes and fees for the 3 nights you're traveling is $290.01. Hotel ID is 3144. You can confirm you've requested that specific hotel when you look at the web address after clicking on the "book it" tab and before paying. Hope this helps a bit.

There is a New Orleans Saints home game this weekend and that may be a factor for some of the higher then expected demand.

Is your goal a 2.5* property or is that the minimum that you had bid for? What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click this PRICELINE link before replying)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]