Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (UM/CPS) Swissotel The Drake

goodricb
By goodricb,
in

Followed your advice (slightly modified) from previous post. I can't tell you how much i love this website and all the help you give people.

I tried the following:

4* MTE $115 rejected

4* MTE, UES $120 rejected

4* MTE, UES, UWS $126 rejected

new browser

4* Upper Midtown $123 rejected - though i got a "one time opportunity" to up my bid to $150 for likely acceptance - turned it down because the process was still early and I was still on the fence about going up to nyc this weekend and I knew I was close in on the hunt...

4* Upper Midtown, UWS $129 rejected

4* Upper Midtown, UWS, UES $135 accepted!

Swissotel New York - THE DRAKE!

Check-In Date: Saturday, June 11, 2005

Check-Out Date: Sunday, June 12, 2005

Upper Midtown - Central Park South

440 Park Avenue

New York, New York 10022

212-421-0900

Check-In Date: Sat, Jun 11, 2005

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Sun, Jun 12, 2005

Check-Out Time: 11:00 AM

Your Offer Price: $135.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $135.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $30.21

Total Charges: $165.21

couple of other things:

I was poking around and the threashhold for eliminating the banner "Based on recent data, your price has only a small chance of being accepted." was $118 for UM-CPS

$108 for MTE

$122 for MTS

not sure if that means anything but I usually start $5 above that threashhold.

going rate on Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com are all at $309/night but cheaper at $266 on priceline's view/purchase feature. 279 on the swissotel website which offers a garanteed lowest rate.

Congratuations on your win.

Glad you were able to use the information here to help you find success.... although we don't advocate following advice given in another thread for different dates. The PRICELINE NEW YORK thread you used the information from has dates that are not necessarily indicative of the rates for your dates, and following a strategy in another thread could easily result in wasted bids or an overbid.

Enjoy your stay.

Followed your advice (slightly modified) from previous post. I can't tell you how much i love this website and all the help you give people.

We would encourage you, and anyone else that benefits from the board, to read our comments: Have You Been Helped Here?.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]