Hotwire Hotel: 4* Newark (Jersey City) Westin

Sonia R
By Sonia R,
in

My husband and I have been bidding on Priceline for the last 2 months for our up and coming trip to New York (9/27-10/1). We set up hotel bidding email alerts via Priceline and every day we received an email stating "someone just a little while ago just booked Times Square for $120", so we of course would go in and bid and "denied". After days of rejection, we decided to split our bid and again we were rejected. After reading the boards, we decided to try for hotels in New Jersey and glad we did, we booked the Westin, a 4* hotel via Hotwire for $185 which is 1 block from the subway station for the first part of our trip. I should have tried Priceline, but I was so fed up with the rejections. We decided to raise our budget for the 2nd part of our trip to $250 on Priceline but they came back with "if you raise your bid to an additional $48 ($298), a 4* hotel will consider your offer in Times Square". We were tempted, but luckily, we checked Hotwire and they were offering a 4* star hotel in Times Square for $277, so we booked our NY trip with Hotwire.

What hotel did you get from Hotwire for $277?
It was the Inter-Continental Times Square... here is a link to the hotwire win.

Sonia R,

Thank you for sharing your results with the board. Can you please add the amenities associated with the Jersey City Westin in a reply to this thread, and the amenities associated with the InterContinental to your Hotwire NYC thread. You can still view the amenities associated with each by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]