Priceline Hotel: 3* Smrst-Brunswick (Somerset-Piscataway) Marriott

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

ducked into a known hotel with internet access started to make my same day bid for a hotel in the Somerville, NJ area. As always, went to Savingsbarn.com to start my bidding. Selected the Somerset-Brunswick region and chose the Somerville-Bridgewater area. Selected a 3* and bid $85 and was rejected. Added 2.5* and bid $80 and was rejected. Added 2* and bid $60.00 and was rejected. Closed the browser and accessed PL again and selected Somerset-Piscataway and bid $68 for a 3* and won. :) Or did I???? :o It seems that I made a rookie mistake and picked the wrong dates, my winning bid was for tomorrow night 6/09/05!!! Undeterred and with just a few minutes to spare, I started bidding in the same area, Somerset-Piscataway and bid $55.00 and won. The nightly rate on Marriott.com was $179, with tax $204.06 so my two nights @ $155.79 with tax is still a decent savings. :)

June 8

Your Offer Price: $55.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $15.37

Total Charges: $70.37

June 9

Your Offer Price: $68.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $17.42

Total Charges: $85.42

All it all, its still a Marriott, I was offered a free breakfast buffet coupon as a Marriott Silver member and this hotel has a nice indoor pool and a gym. 2* properties in the area are probably in the $70 range or more, so this is a great deal if you need to be in the Central NJ....45 minutes from Great Adventure and the new Worlds Tallest roller coaster, Kinda Ka......

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]