Priceline Hotel: 2* San Francisco (SFO North-San Bruno) CitiGarden

roothy
By roothy,
in

Bid originally for a 2 1/2 star property and didn't get it. Added a couple zones around the airport with no luck. Dropped to a 2 star and got the Citi Garden Hotel in South San Francisco. It gets pretty bad reviews on Trip Advisor, so I hope this wasn't a mistake! With taxes, Priceline fee, total was around $81. For a Friday night in the SF area in October, that's not bad, although after bidding, I looked some more and if I had been willing to pay a little more, it looks like the Travelodge in Millbrae and the Howard Johnson in San Bruno West would have been newer and nicer.

Apparently the Citi Hotel (formerly a Good Nite Inn, I believe) is all over Hotwire, too. They do at least have a (shared) airport shuttle, which helps, plus a very basic continental breakfast - and a beautiful lobby!

Well, quite honestly, I'm not sure now just what zone I was bidding in. The receipt only lists Citigarden Hotel with an address of 245 South Airport Blvd, South San Francisco. However, I guess I was bidding the SFO North-San Bruno zone, as the original "you've won" notification has two stars with SFO North-San Bruno near the hotel name.

Can you change my original post, or can/should I to reflect that I won in SFO North/San Bruno zone, if that's indeed where I won? Thanks for noticing - I was just going on here to see what I might want to bid on for my return night in SF. Now I will avoid North SFO/San Bruno in 2 star category!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]