Priceline Hotel: new orleans help

juliemackenzie
By juliemackenzie,
in

Can you give me some help on New Orleans, is there a trick for this city. I want to pay max about $60 per night and be close to a nice area. Since I am not very familiar, I know with other cities I have had free rebids by adding certain areas that I may not want to stay. I want the most stars possible for $60. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

After looking at my San Diego log, I think I figured out New Orleans. I couldn't find my old log. So thanks. If I understand what you wrote about New Orleans.

If I want a 4* in The French District, I should include a 4* hotel in New Orleans (Airport MSY) and New Orleans (Metairie - Harahan) because they both do not have a 4star hotel. Is this correct. I already found out that they will not take $65 in French Qtr for the dates, so I am not sure how to progress from there.

Thanks

I think you have the concept down, but you only listed 2 re-bid zone... when bidding 4* you actually have five re-bid zones. The correct way to determine the highest star rating available in each zone is:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

So see if you can figure out all five re-bid zones, and if so, let us know your sister's maximum bid and we'll then supply a step-by-step strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, I remember now...

ok

1. Garden District max 2 stars

2. Metaharie max 3 stars

3. Airport max 3 stars

4. New Orleans East Max 2 stars

5. West Bank 2 stars

Her max is $90 per night for French Qtr, I guess if she can't get that, then we go 3 stars and she has region 1,4,5 as free rebid zone.

Thanks,

Julie

OK, so you have the re-bidding down (great!).

I'm assuming you already bid today at $65 for the FQ and were rejected. This is how i would proceed from here:

Select 4* FQ and re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $85, if rjected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $90.

Any questions feel free to ask. Let us know how it goes, if rejected we'll then discuss next options, but i think the above has a good chance of being successful.

PS- always double check your re-bid zones before bidding to make sure that no new star ratings have been added to the above zones (due to new hotels added to the system or other hotels upgraded/downgraded)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will use savings barn.

ok, I bid all of the areas to no avail.

How bout a strategy for 3 stars

should I do 3 starat 60

1.FQ 60

2. FQ & Garden Dist 65

3.Fq and NO East70

4. FQ NO West Bank75

then what would I do if these dont work. should I wait a month or so? or just start over in a couple days and do the same.

You may want to consider expanding your bidding out of the French Quarter and into the CBD and CC zones. There are a lot of nice hotels there that are super cheap (ie. around $60). Also, those zones are not really far from the french quarter.

I stay at the Hyatt every year for jazzfest for around $60 a night. I love it.

ps. Although it's only a 5-10 walk to the FQ from the Hyatt, with the savings on rooms, you can afford to pay for a cab if you need it late at night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]