Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Cape Cod (Hyannis - Yarmouth) Hyannis Harbor

blindman
By blindman,
in

I'm planning a NE 2 week jaunt and want to visit Cape Cod and possibly Martha's vineyard.

I'm hoping to have a base in Boston Metro West area courtesy of PL.

I plan to visit Cape Cod on a weekday, 28\29thth June is likely.

Is it worth staying over in the Cape or just a drive to and around??

I expect the drive to be about maximum 2hrs from Metro West (??)

I've spotted a 2* on Hotwire that looks good value, but don't know what it is.

Can you give me any help determining it?

Thanks.

Hyannis - Yarmouth -

Selected amenities include: Suite, Pool(s), Golf Nearby.

Suite Pool(s) Golf Nearby

Best Value!

Economy

$44 per room

per night

Hotels in this area are often difficult to figure out since there are so many small and indepent hotels that are not easily found on typical searches. With that said, i'm not sure, but the the Gull Wing Suites would be my best guess.

This hotel has previously been see in the VP as a 2* hotel with Suite, Pool, Children's Activities... it is now also being seen with a Golf icon in addition to the previous amenities. Without knowing of other 'suite' hotels in the area, this seems to be a match except for the Children's Activities. We have seen slightly different amenty listing with some hotels when searching the hotel product vs. the vacations product, so that might be the case here.

When i first read your post my thought was "Cape Cod is a difficult win and expensive in the summer", given the rate if you're 'easy going' the above may very well serve the purpose for a one nite stay as the rate does indeed seem very good.

I will add that the Gull Wing Suites website does not show availability for this nite, but i couldn't get rates to show for any nite i tried (even trying in October) so i'm not sure if their availability thru their site is accurate.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We spent 3 nights on Cape Cod few years ago. It was 3 nights too much. Cape Cod was tacky and we couldn't wait to leave. Had we not prepaid (I now know why!), we would have moved on.

Stayed in a 3* hotel along the south road - Cape Point Hotel - and it was awful - run-down and expensive ($140+ per night) - AFAIK, most hotels on that road are expensive. Standards are way lower that elsewhere in NE. I'd guess that a 2* wouldn't be great but best of luck :)

We took a drive along the North road - lovely private houses - completly different to south.

Hyannis was like taking a journey back to the 1970's. :)

Martha's vineyard is lovely but expensive. Take the ferry from Wood's Hole, go over and hire a bike for a day. We plan to do this part again this year but we'll skip CC. :o

First off, do NOT do the "drive in, drive around and drive off" all in one day. Most of the roads on the Cape are pretty slow going and you'll end up seeing nothing intersting, especially if you're not set on what you want to see. The whole point of the Cape is to relax and take your time, not to hit as many things on a list as possible.

There are certanly tacky parts of the Cape; pretty much anything near Route 28 between Hyannis and Harwich. These, naturally, are where you will find the cheapest accommodations. However, there is nothing "tacky" about Woods Hole, or Falmouth, or the national seashore, and so on.

You're there in midweek, so I'll suggest something you don't see here too much... go without a reservation and just shop around wherever you end up. There will be plenty of available rooms as long as you (a) stay near 28 between Barnstable and Chatham, or near the center of Hyannis and (b ) are looking at Monday through Thursday nights (and perhaps Sunday; Thursday might get a bit busy). You might get a break if you stay two nights at the same place.

If you have a specific destination in mind, try to stay as close to it as possible, because getting around is so difficult. For the national seashore, stay in Chatham or beyond, for example.

As for the islands... budget at least a full day for that (ie, do not plan on major activities on both the Cape and an island in the same day). You almost certainly want reservations when staying overnight on an island, no matter when in the week.

Can't remember the exact bidding process ( :) ) but I think:

Bid $45 for a 3* at Falmouth then added Hyannis and increased tp $50.

Added 2.5* lowered bid to $45.

No luck

I started again with 2.5* at $50 and then added 2* at$55.00

I was "upgraded" to this hotel.

Web-site price is $119

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]