Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego (North-Poway-Rancho Bernardo) Holiday Inn

anng3
By anng3,
in

Flying into Long Beach Airport tonight at 7pm and I don't think I want to drive as far as San Diego tonight.

Can't remember if it's an easy drive or thru mountains.

Looking for a good bed, hopefully breakfast and no parking charge.

Looking at hotwire found Garden Grove - Cypress - Anaheim West area hotel 2* 100% recommended for $46.

Any ideas what it is?

Alternatively do most Costa Mesa SNA hotels have parking fees?

Any other suggestions between Long Beach Airport and San Diego welcome.

Thanks!

The 2* offering has changed since you posted because what's showing now only has 65% approval. It's $44 with no amenity icons or TripAdvisor stats so it's impossible to ID and I'd call it a risky purchase.

The drive from Long Beach to San Diego is flat freeway, not a twisting mountain drive.

Some of the higher end Costa Mesa zone hotels charge for parking, but not the 2.5* I don't think. You could try bidding $45 or $50 for 2.5* in Costa Mesa, which would have a good chance of free parking and breakfast....if you don't get upgraded to 3* or 3.5*.

La Quinta Costa Mesa is $67 if you want to guarantee free parking and breakfast.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your purchases.

LQ offers "Weekend Deals" at select properties every weekend. You can access them from the "Special Deals" link on LQ's homepage. When I checked a few hours ago the Costa Mesa LQ had a Weekend Deal in Costa Mesa for $67. Now it's $75, or $71.25 if you have AAA. On LQ's website they call this hotel "LQ John Wayne OC Airport", not "LQ Costa Mesa".

Or if you want to gamble try bidding $50 for a 2.5* on PRICELINE in Costa Mesa. You might win the same LQ for less. But if you get upgraded to 3* and have to pay for parking the total still shouldn't be any more than $71.25 for LQ will be.

Good luck!

Thanks ended up driving down to San Diego. You were right. Very easy drive and was advised on the plane by local to do the

drive Sat night instead of Sunday to beat traffic. Got to San Diego and bid 2.5* and up to $80 everywhere and nothing was available.

Ended up 3*hotwire in Rancho Bernardo HI $56. Lesson learned will not do a late night same day again.

While not the ideal results, glad to see you found something which worked for your needs.

Ended up 3*hotwire in Rancho Bernardo HI $56.
Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]