Hotwire Hotel: need help san rafael 3*

life2short
By life2short,
in

am traveling to sf with family of 5; determined that san rafael was a good site for exploring (but am open, really). was trying to get embassy suites 3.5* in san rafael, but up popped a 3* hotel with amenities "restaurant, pool, fitness center, laundry facilities (self-service)". Ideas on what this is? :) this is my first time here or using these sites (and i did use the savings barn link), so please be patient. any advice or re-direction would be appreciated.

I think there is a pretty good chance that it is the Four Points by Sheraton, San Rafael. The amenities seem to match and the star level seems about right.

This hotel can be booked directly for about $90/night based on a Summer Promo rate. I stayed there a few years back and I recall it being a perfectly adequate property, although my room might have seemed a bit boring. But that is being fussy, if you just want a decent place to stay! It seems to me the staff was pretty good and the pool in the courtyard looked quite nice. And they have FREE PARKING!

It isn't badly situated if you want to spend some of your time in San Fran and some in the wine country. But you could end up doing a fair amount of driving and you'll have to pay the bridge toll on the Golden Gate - I think it is $5 or so. You do have some options from San Rafael, though, if you wish to visit downtown SF and not deal with the hassle of finding and paying for parking - you can take the Larkspur ferry to downtown or catch a city bus.

All in all, I don't think it is a bad choice, but don't know what is most important to you...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]