Hotwire Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Historic-Waterfront) Sheraton SH

AaronJB
By AaronJB,
in

Continuing to report on a friend from Ireland who is doing a 4-city trip to the US this Winter. First stop was Chicago, next stop is Philly.

Their budget for 4 nights was under $900 w/taxes.

For these dates, this hotel was coming up on Orbitz and Expedia for $189 a night, which would come out, with taxes, at about $881.

Hotwire had this for $66 a night, for a total of about $310, saving about $570.

It's their first time using Hotwire and they can't believe the kind of prices they're getting.

They are making the purchases, but I'm acting as "travel agent" - advising them on their choices in terms of discount and regular rates (looking through Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, etc and picking through what's available) , but they have chosen discount services so far.

I often get emails from people asking for hotel advice for Chicago, and spend a lot of free time helping out tourists to the city in picking out hotels, providing an "analysis" of what's available for regular and discount rates for their dates. This is the first time I've helped someone with a larger, multi-city vacation.

not to sound like a broken record, but I still think this is the best hotel for tourists in Philadelphia, it is in the heart of the historic area and within walking distance of many attractions (with exception to the Art Musuem area). Just a short walk to many good restaurants and bars, including a good Irish restaurant, Downeys.

Sl

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]