Priceline Hotel: Looking for 4* SF Hotel on 8/17

hbm
By hbm,
in

Saw that someone else got the Hyatt Regency (Financial District - Embarcadero) for 8/18 for only $80, so decided to try bidding low and hoping to get this hotel at a similar rate.

Varied my bid for a 4* starting at $80 and up through $90.

Included the following areas as I made my bids (adjusting over time): Embarcadero, USE, USW, SOMA

We have a lot of flexibility in this trip, so I'll try some more bids in the coming days and see what plays-out, but right now more focused on finding a good deal for a 4*

Just to give some perspective, at the moment based upon current prices, i'm guessing a 4* in these zones would require something in the $125-$145 range.

Keep us update on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Agreed, I realize that my bids are a real stretch.

I just bid $90 on the same area (Embarcadero 4*) and it offered me the opportunity to bid again on same area if I was willing to up my bid to $101.

I didn't do this at this time, but does this generally mean that if I increased the bid to that amount, that the increased bid would have been accepted?

Oh yeah, I went to Michigan too.....Go Blue!

Priceline usually accepts less than their counteroffer, so you can likely win this between $91 and $101. You don't have to wait 24 hours to bid again if you add a rebid zone.

You have six rebid zones for 4*, allowing you to inch up one dollar at a time. Ask if you need help ID'ing your six rebids.

Select 4* Embarcadero + rebid #1 and bid $91

Add rebid #2 and bid $92

Add rebid #3 and bid $93

Add rebid #4 and bid $94

Add rebid #5 and bid $95

If rejected exit Priceline, close browser, reaccess PRICELINE through link...

Select 4* Embarcadero + rebid #6 and bid $96

Add rebid #1 and bid $97

Add rebid #2 and bid $98

Add rebid #3 and bid $99

Add rebid #4 and bid $100

Add rebid #5 and bid $101

Or you can just wait 24 hours and try higher...maybe $95.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]