Priceline Hotel: 3* New Haven (Orange-West Haven) Courtyard

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

I bid $40 and was immediately given an offer to raise my bid by $6 and I would be able to rebid again. I closed my browser and

then bid $43 at the 2 1/2 star level and was accepted. (I had a past bid of $42 accepted recently but decided to still use my strategy of

cutting their offer in half and rebidding that amount).

Total for two nights $86 plus $21.04 tax and fees came to $107.04

The price online and on their site is $139/night Pl siad I saved 56 percent but that would have only been true if the price of the room was $99 which I couldn't find it anywhere offered for that price.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, I like staying here during the summer because of their pool. Front clerk attempted to give me a room on the third floor with no balcony and facing the parking lot. I immediately came back down and asked if I could have a first floor room facing the pool as I was given one the last time I was here. He looked up my reservation and gave me the same room i was given last time. It was comforting to my daughter that we got the same room and I was happy to get it too. It was apparent though that the same problems exist in the room. THe next morning when housekeeping arrived I had them pour some bleach down the sink to get rid of the fruit flies. Unfortunately the lock on the outside door was pryed at by someone and is bent but since it still locks I stayed while reporting it.

One of the comforters had to be changed since it was dirty which just confirms that they do not change them between guest as they are supposed to and even though I asked for my sheets to be changed she made the bed on top of the sheets that were there from the night before. Obviously I asked them to be changed for a reason and immediately noticed upon moving my covers down. Its these little things that make the difference between the average hotel and a great one for me.

Even with all that said, I still like it here. There are meeting rooms in the back of the hotel and a small fitness room but the main thing is the pool. I do like the larger than average refrigerator in the room along with the microwave, and having two queen beds is great too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]