Priceline Hotel: 2* Cumberland Fairfield Inn

mcgervey
By mcgervey,
in

I can't recall but I think I bid 2.5 or 3* first, at $45 and $50 levels, then went down and upped by bid a few dollars each time. I was thinking Holiday Inn, which is a nice older Holiday Inn property in town I've stayed at long ago, but was VERY happy with this win.

I've tried again to get this hotel near this pricepoint on a few weekends since and failed. Probably this great deal due to being a weekday, was in the area for work.

A friend said he got this hotel at a $70 bid on a weekend after my stay though.

This is a VERY nice property for a 2*, and one of the nicer Fairfield Inn & Suites I've stayed at. Only a few years old, if that, sits right on the C&O Canal Trail in town, almost under the interstate bridges cutting through town, you can walk the rail trail over into town and there are some art shops and bar/restaurants right off the trail a stones throw from the hotel and you can see them from the hotel property. The hotel will also give you a discount coupon for the nice restaurant next door.

Rooms were on the small side, but VERY nice with flat screen LCDs, mini-fridge, chair and comfy beds, closet, nice bathroom. The hotel had a very nice pool with a hot tub with a waterfall out of the tub into the pool. Very nice.

The breakfast area and lounge are also very nice, and there is a nice computer area with several computers and a printer for free use, and a small convenience store area with snacks, sandwiches, nuts, chips, juices, soda etc that seemed reasonably priced.

Internet is free, as is continental breakfast. I seem to recall there was some hot breakfast options too.

Parking is nice, convenient and ample. I left my car after check out and went into town for hours. The front desk said it isn't a problem, as parking is ample, and the front desk lady was very nice and helpful.

Very well run hotel and I hope to return sometime.

I would give this a 3* rating for accomadation quality, convenience, location, recreation, pool/hot tub, restaurants next door including full service bar/rest (not on property, but RIGHT next to it, as is the river and C&O Trail), good small NY style pizza by the slice at the ice cream joint next door, and an art co-op... All right next door, as are bike rentals, the historic train station also featuring a restaurant, and a 5 minute WALK into downtown.

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]