Super last minute bidding and handeling

mayamoon
By mayamoon,
in

Hi,

I have a general question about bidding at priceline or hotwire two or three days before staying at an hotel:

We're planning a trip to the west coast of the USA und starting at San Francisco. My idea is it not to book all hotels from home (I'm from Germany, so I hope you'll understand my english :)) but rather book them on the way. That means, that I know where I want to stay only 2 or 3 days in advance. Do you think there is a chance to get a good hotel 3 or 4* when I start bidding that late? We're going to stay in the US from 14th of Septemper till 29th of September. Route is from San Francisco over Monterey, Santa Barbara, LA, Grand Canyon to Las Vegas.

My other question is:

When I win a bid, do I have to print out an hotel voucher or something like that? I just have a tablet computer with my at the road trip so it could be a little bit difficult to print something.

Thanks for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are date specific so there is no telling how easy it will be to win a hotel 2-3 days before your arrival... if you hit a busy time period, or a conferences in the city you're heading to next, rates could be very high and availability very low, and you don't leave yourself much time to make alternate/contingency plans.

As far as check-in procedure, you don't need to bring anything with you. If possible it's a good idea to carry a confirmation of your reservation just in case the hotel can't find you in their system (wrong spelling of last name inputted, problem with provider transmitting the reservation, etc), but as you'll have your tablet with you, you'll be able to pull up your reservation/confirmation if you encounter any issues, so shouldn't be a problem.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just wanted to add a bit of information to make sure that you have identification (passport would be particularly good) when you check-in on a Priceline winning bid. I've been successful scores of time on Priceline, and in almost ALL cases the front desk clerk will ask for a government ID to ensure that the name the reservation was booked under on Priceline is the same person checking in. Hope that helps.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]