By PollyNYC,
in

Hi, hoping you can help identify:

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

I usually book via Priceline, but it's impossible to stay in the $150 range for anywhere in SF on PL this weekend, it seems.

And I don't want to spend $150 on a 2.5 or 3 star without knowing what it is.

Thanks in advance for your help!

If I can get a decent hotel, I will book via the HOTWIRE link you provide.

My best guess: this is the Opal.

It's $161 prepaid on Opal's website (theopalsf.com). $153 on Hotwire won't be any savings after Hotwire's transaction fee is added.

If the Opal interests you I suggest booking direct through the hotel website, rather than Hotwire, as Opal has a range of room sizes from tiny to spacious and on a busy night like this you're more likely to get a good sized room if you book direct.

Opal's sold out on Saturday; only available the Friday night. This looks like another super busy weekend in SF, as you've seen.

Thanks, G. :)

I haven't stayed at Opal in a couple years now but there was a period when I stayed there a lot, mostly on Priceline, and I got to know their ways. When they weren't busy they were happy to give me a bigger room, even as a Priceline guest. When they were high occupancy or sold out I usually got a broom closet.

It's good that your plans are flexible.

Btw, despite my comment about small rooms at Opal I think it's a decent budget hotel with breakfast included, which few hotels in SF offer. Not all the rooms at Opal are small, just some. The area gets a bit dodgy at night but the hotel itself is safe. It's not preferred over Union Square or Embarcadero for sure, but overall I had pretty good experiences for the rates I paid...more like $40's or $50's, not $153.

Good luck with your Monday bidding.

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]