Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Los Angeles (Manhattan-Redondo) Residence Inn

holtju2
By holtju2,
in

Rate on the Marriott's website was $159 and using discount code could have got it for $80.

I started at $30 and got counter offer of $38. I rose my bids by $1 each time and landed this property at $35.

According to the Marriott's website the local tax rate is 10%. Priceline's tax and service fee is $12.14 of which the real tax is only $3.5 and thus the "service" fee is actually $8.64. This used to be $5. It seems that Priceline has been racking up their service fee.

Check-In Date: Thursday, June 2, 2005

Check-Out Date: Friday, June 3, 2005

Hotel Name: Residence Inn Manhattan Beach

1700 North Sepulveda Boulevard

Manhattan Beach, California 90266

310-546-7627

Summary of Charges

Your Offer Price: $35.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $35.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $12.14

Total Charges: $47.14

Thanks for the post... a great deal.

I've come to 'accept' priceline's fee as where else are you going to get a Residence Inn for $35!!

You could take this a step further and look at the $8 fee as a persentage of the $35 and you're looking at almost a whopping 25% charge. :)

Of course the easy answer is to bid higher and the fee (on a percentage basis) will come down.

As with anything, look at the total deal and consider if it is worthwhile... when it comes to Priceline the majority of times it is.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]