Priceline Hotel: Near NYC Help

fknb
By fknb,
in

Great site and great help. I have been trying to figure out were to stay at a reasonable cost while in NY city.

Thanks.

We will be leaving New York for a cruise is there any Hotels that are best suited to a Path station to leave our vehicle at for a week.or any hotels that lets you leave the vehicles there for a week

Sorry for the confusion. We want to stay in Jersey City and leave vehicle there and visit New York city on June 11th only. 2 rooms

I bid $75.00 for 3Star Jersey City, rejected,added Secaucus and dropped to 2 1/2 star rejected $77.00.

I have a backup $129 at courtyard.

Not sure what to do. Should I wait 72 hours and increase bid, can you give any advice.

from the path link below, they show several parking facilities, an example is journal square at the middlesex terminal shows parking $4.00 dailly rate open 24 hours and a $80.00 mthly rate. Our goal was to stay in jersey city, or someplace that allows easy transportation to spend a day in ny city. then drive vehicle tp path station, and take path and public transportation to and from pier to cruise.

http://www.panynj.gov/path/PANR2003_ParkingGuide.pdf

I see your point, I have traveled through the subway (tube) in London and Paris with Luggage, but didn't have as much to carry and didn't have much of a choice. Leaving the vehicle at the pier does make more sense compared to all the additional effort. Still need a hotel for 1 night in New york City, looking for just basic room, Jersey City still looks as the best option, can you reccommend any other area to find reasonable ($75.00) or under room accomedations with easy transportation to New York

You could try for the Candlewood Suites in Jersey City, which is walkable to the PATH station but a bit less convenient than your Courtyard reservation (which i assume is the Courtyard in Jersey City?)

You could stay cheaper out in the Meadowlands/Secaucus/North Bergen areas (where parking while a guest at the hotel would be free), but if you plan on heading into NYC the day before your cruise to walk around the city it is not nearly as convenient as the Jersey City area.

So it comes down to price vs. convenience... not sure which is more important to you.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll help to move forward.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The EconoLodge is on Route 1 and that is not where you want to be.

The CANDLEWOOD SUITES is available for $110/nite (June 11th)... not sure where you were looking. The Candlewood also offers the advantage of free parking while you're staying at the hotel (no, you can't keep your car there for the week you're on the cruise).

Let us know if you're able to now see the availability at the rate mentioned above and if that works for you. If you do go with it please use our affiliate link to the CANDLEWOOD SUITES.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here is a link that shows parking garages near the PATH stationsPATH Parking guide

Another alternative is to take the NY Waterway water taxi from Port Imperial terminal in Weehawkin, NJ to NYC. The round trip fare is $11.00 per person and parking is $9.00 per day. The terminal in NYC is at 38th street, I think this is just steps from the passenger terminal. Here is the website, call for times and details: NY Waterway

If you take this route, you might want to get a room in the Secaucus, area just a short drive to the Port Imperail station.

PS, I'd like to add that you won't be happy with the Econolodge on Rt 1&9, Tonnelle Ave, it won't be like those in Ohio I assure you :)

Saw the review on the econo lodge, can't believe I was considering. Booked the Candlewood through the link for 109, I would still like to find a room rate at $75.00 or under without giving up too much convienience of a easy commute to NY city. Any final recommendations for an area other than Jersey City with reasonable access to new york city.

Thanks again

I was hoping to leave the vehicle at a path station and park there. Was not sure how difficult it will be to get luggage to the pier. We are traveling light enough I was hoping it might be possible, I got a down load of the different garages and the prices, not sure which would be the easiest at the best price. I saw garages with prices as low as $5.00 a day, but am not sure how difficult they are to get to the pier. Any reccommendations would be greatly appriciated.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]