Hotwire Hotel: Need help ID for 2* Carlsbad area hotel (7/28-7/29)

IreneS
By IreneS,
in

This is something new and unreported to the board. Hotwire only has 10+ reviews so it's apparently a recent addition to Hotwire too.

One of the reviews mention free breakfast, which isn't one of the icons.

Without more info, like a TripAdvisor rating, I can't pin down exactly which motel this is. Probably something like a Super8, EconoLodge, HoJos. Rodeway Inn Legoland seems like one good possibility but you can book that direct for $100, so this $98 Hotwire purchase wouldn't be any deal (if this is the Rodeway Inn).

I see several 1*/2* motels have rack rates in the $80-100 range for this date, and I'd be inclined to book one of those conventionally rather than make a $98 Hotwire purchase on an unknown. The 90% approval rating gives some confidence, but for $98 plus Hotwire fee I expect the savings off rack rate will turn out to be minimal.

If you do decide to purchase though please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know what you get. Then we'll add it to the List!

• 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]