Priceline Hotel: 5* in Waikiki Beach - Possible Royal Hawaiian?

LanceEA
By LanceEA,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We have not yet had any 5* hotels reported to the board in this zone (5* bidding here may be a somewhat recent addition) but the Royal Hawaiian would certainly be at least one option, but no telling how many others as well.

What is your budget for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I started at 130 and went up to $200 for the nights of 8/20-8/28 2011 and had no luck with the five star level

I will do some more bidding as time permits. Seems kinda high when the advertised price is $330 and they won't take a bid at $200 per night. Maybe this is high season?

side note Hotwire has 4 star hotels starting at $110 - $149 and even has condos for $119 - $125 maybe this will be a better way to go unless you definitely want the five star resort.

I continued to bid up to $301 and did not get even a nibble. The median price was $330 and even went down to $200 when I bid $275 but was still not accepted. Maybe they have little inventory at this time for five star hotels. I am tempted to bid the $330 to see if they will let me pay full price for the hotel by bidding or make me go higher.seems a bit crazy to me. They should have accepted my $301 offer.

The median price suggested PRICELINE is often not accurate and shouldn't play a factor in your bidding, imo.

Hotel make their inventory available to PRICELINE under two separate umbrellas... one for 'retail' rates where the hotel name is shown before the purchase and one for 'name your own price' where it is opaque and you bid for the hotel. It's possible that a hotel has only loaded retail rates in the system and nothing for the 'bidding' side of their service, in which case it doesn't matter how high you bid... there's simply nothing available at any price. This would likely only occur during times of high demand and/or where there are few hotels in the area at the star level you're bidding.

Keep us updated and let us know how the next round of bids go.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Waikiki Beach zone with: Near Beach , Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry icons for $141/nite. This appears to be a match for the Marriott Beach Resort... would this be of any interest for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thougths and/or how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]