first time hotwire user needs a bit of a push to book

tratra
By tratra,
in

Sorry if this sounds crazy - but I booked once with Priceline and ended up with a nightmare situation. I book rental cars all of the time - never through hotwire. I know the rates and the fees and all of the coupons available. I tried a search with Hotwire and was FLOORED at the low rate. My search was for a pick up in Orlando airport and a drop off 10 days later in Ft. Myers (airport) - normally when I book that and I get such a low rate - I usually get hit (on the last page of booking) with a one way drop off fee of 100.00. So the rate looks low until the very last page of the rental reservation booking page. So when Hotwire gives me a rate INCLUDING taxes and fees of 180.00 (for a mid size car) - it seems too good to be true. I am nervous that they are using dollar or budget and that when I get to the counter they are going to ask me for the drop off fee...OR that the rental car is NOT in the airport location and I will have to pay to get there. I just need someone to tell me that the fee you ssee on the search screen is in fact the amount you pay AND that the rental car is ONSITE at the airport. Thanks :)

I am nervous that they are using dollar or budget and that when I get to the counter they are going to ask me for the drop off fee...OR that the rental car is NOT in the airport location and I will have to pay to get there. I just need someone to tell me that the fee you ssee on the search screen is in fact the amount you pay AND that the rental car is ONSITE at the airport. Thank

Dollar doesn't participate in Hotwire. Budget does.

All six rental companies that participate in Hotwire have offices inside MCO. No shuttle necessary.

Hotwire's website doesn't explicitly state there's no dropoff charge between MCO and RSW but the confirmation page says the total price includes "all applicable tax recovery charges and fees". I take that to mean no extra dropoff charge. You can email Hotwire customer service to confirm that before you book. Save the reply email you get as confirmation. Or if you call get the name of the person you speak with.

If you purchase the rental please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know what you get.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]