Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* San Diego (Mission Valley-Hotel Circle) Best Western Seven Seas

daverbee
By daverbee,
in

Hi,

Need help to ID two hotels: (hotels are for one room and 4 people)

The first is the 3* Downtown hotel for 90$/ night with amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

The hotel is recommended in 90 % of Hotwire customer reviews.

The second hotel I'm looking for is the 2* Old Town area hotel for 09/20 - 09/22

The price is 72$/night and amenities include:

Airport Shuttle

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

It's also recommended in 90 % of Hotwire customer reviews

Thanks in advance!

Davy

For the 3* Downtown it's probably Holiday Inn Downtown or Holiday Inn on the Bay. Both have been reported with those icons.

For the 2* Old Town I can't ID it. Hotwire says 30+ reviews, which is a low count; so I think it could be something new, not yet in the Hotel List. With 90% approval and 4/5 on TripAdvisor it should be something decent. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

If you purchase one of these please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know what you get.

I booked the 2.5* hotel in Mission Valley - Hotel Circle area hotel

I don't see any 2.5* property previously mentioned above.

Please add a reply to this thread with the star rating, city, zone, room rate, dates and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page, we'll then comment on your occupancy situation above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I used the links on this page to look for the San Diego hotels. I was looking on the forum for San Diego deals and saw the 2.5* hotel in the Mission Valley - Hotel Circle area for 44 dollar/night that someone had booked a couple of days ago. I was searching for that deal on the hotwire site throught this website's links. I could not find it for 4 adults. Then i did a new search a couple of minutes later but forgot to change the number of adults and left it on 2 adults. Now it did show the 44$ 2.5* hotel (but I forgot to put it to 4 adults). So without really checking I continued with my payment. When i pressed the confirmation button I saw my mistake and tried to cancel abut it was too late. Now I want to know what my options are. Do I have to book a second room now or can u help me or do I have to call/email the hotel directly?

The hotel was a 2.5* hotel in the Mission Valley - Hotel Circle area. It had the following amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Dates are still 09/20 - 09/22.

Kind regards,

Davy

This is how i would handle it:

First approach would be to call the hotel and say that two friends want to join you and you wanted to make sure that you could get a room with two beds. If they say 'no problem', get the person's name and you're all set. If they say 'no' or 'you'll have to see what is available at check-in' you can then ask if it's possible to pay for an upgraded room to ensure two beds since that will be the determining factor if you're friends will be able to join you or not. Yo can then decide if the upgrade is worth it or try to get a second room thru HOTWIRE. Let us know how you make out.

WHAT HOTEL DID YOU RECEIVE??

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As far as getting two beds...it's in your favor that Best Western Seven Seas charges the same rate for one queen or two doubles on their website. Two queens cost more though. Good luck with it.

At $44 per room you could buy two rooms if necessary for less than the $90 listing you were originally considering.

p.s. to mods: hotel name didn't get to subject line.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]