Priceline Hotel: Atherton Hotel (state college) question

Lyn1Lyn
By Lyn1Lyn,
in

I will be in State College from 7/31 - 8/4 on a business trip. I am getting ready to bid on my hotel and was interested in a 3* in the State College North or South areas... I would even do a 2.5* as I stayed at a really nice one last year. But I would like to try 3* first..

Now when I put in those dates on the regular priceline part (prices and hotel name revealed) the Atherton isn't showing up for those dates.. I also tried Expedia, Travelocity etc. and the atherton is coming up as no rooms available for my dates..

Does this mean that I have a very good chance of not getting the atherton.. or is it possible that they still have priceline rooms avail? 3* are only available in the south region and that is exactly where the atherton is located.

Thanks in advance,

There have been wins reported to the board where the hotel appeared sold out on some travel sites. Also, the "regular" PRICELINE site which William Shatner likes to call "Shop and Compare" does not always correlate with PRICELINE's bidding side. Finally, if you bid at the 2.5* level, you could always be upgraded to a 3*. If you are trying to avoid the Atherton, the best advice is to just skip this zone entirely and bid on the other State College Zone. My other advice is to make a trip to the Creamery and get a "death by chocolate" ice cream cone :) .

It's not clear from your post... are you trying to target, or avoid, the Atherton?

What is your maximum budget for a 3* hotel? Which State College zone(s) are you willing to accept?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click this PRICELINE link before replying)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 years later...

Any chance it appears in your purchase history when viewing the MY PROFILE link on the top right of their home page and then clicking the MY TRIPS link?

Please try to remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you receive them as it helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]