Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Newport (Goat Island) Newport Beach Hotel And Suites

pbolan03
By pbolan03,
in

offers of $75 and $80 denied on 7.6

offer of $85 denied on 7.8 (with option to increase $25 to $110 - i denied option)

offer of $90 accepted on 7.8

taxes $20.10

BE CAREFUL bidding for 3.5* on Goat Island. Priceline essentially deformed the map

to include this property (even though it is in Middletown and is "advertised" as such).

I think this point deserves a separate post.

I pointed out the addition of this property to the Goat Island area on a different thread. It is really a shame because we could always count on getting a nice hotel in Newport in previous years. The location of this hotel is not horrible but you will probably want to take a cab to go into Newport at night because parking is very difficult / expensive downtown in the summer. The plus side is that if you want to go to 1st beach you won't have to pay for parking.

Also....calling this a 3.5 star hotel is a huge stretch!

parking charge $12.84

thank you for the comment. i actually complained to priceline and they gave me $50 ($10/night over 5 days).

i wish i saw your comment before. after the fact, i was surprised to get a priceline win at the hotel viking a few days before on the same bidding strategy.

as for the hotel quality, it is probably 2.5*. the suites portion looks like it may be 3-3.5*. unfortunately, a PRICELINE

bid would never get a room like that. this is a game it seems more hotels are playing to increase star rating.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]