Priceline Hotel: 2* Maryland Northeast Suburbs (Bel Air-Belcamp) Extended StayAmerica

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

I bid up to $61 for a 2.5 star property in this area and was rejected both for this date and yesterdays date

I accepted hotwire 2* $54 candlewood suite property in Bel air for yesterdays stay but wanted to sleep in a bit more so I bid on 2 * priceline hoping to get the candlewood for less. NO GO!! I got the Extended stay which is basicly across the street, up the road about 1 minute car ride. Since I needed a fridge and stove I was satisfied until I went inside and saw the room I was given.

My bids of up to $35 and $39 was rejected, then the $40 was accepted.

This room and property is a glorified truck stop with a few budget travelers and some workers stuck here. Many smokers stay at this property.

I was offered a room with a queen size bed which I said was unacceptable since the three of us would not be able to fit on one bed. I was told I could upgrade for $20 or Next time to call priceline ahead of time, before my arrival and have priceline put in that the reservation is for a double room, otherwise I need to pay the $20 to get it. They do not have any rollaway beds. He saw that I was desperate,. I said I did not have the $20 to pay for an upgrade and only intended to stay a short while. He said nothing he could do. We stood there in total silence for a good 4 minutes (which is a very long silence by the way) waiting to see what I was going to do. I then raised my head and said. Well do you have any King sized beds? He immediately said yes he did, but then it dawned on him that there is still the extra fee for that room. He decided not to voice that problem and after another long silence gave me the keys to the room with a king size bed. Yes it has a kitchen with utensils but otherwise is just a cheap motel room.

You know the ones that people frequent and use by the hour. Well that is the feel I had about the room. It was very dirty. There were cigarette burns in the mattress and dust around the cills and corners just gross, my one yr old was not allowed to crawl on that floor. The overstuffed chair was a magnet for dust and hairs and looked like it needed a good beating and cleaning. I forbid both kids from sitting on it. THe bed sheets had long black hairs all over it and on the floor. I changed the sheets and covered the whole bed with clean sheets. I went to walmart and bought an airbed for $10 AND A sleeping bag for $8 clearance so there would not be any more issues with whether or not we got two beds or not.

The bed was so so hard. I got the worst sleep and was awoken many times with pains in my back. I finally just gave up and packed my things and left early in the morning. I promised myself not to make that mistake again.

The fee for wireless is $5 but if you are a boingo customer you can figure out a way to get online with your account and not have to pay the fee.

Sorry to hear this was a disappointing stay, especially after you had such a good experience the nite before from your Hotwire hotel purchase.

At least this stay is behind you and hopefully your future stays will be more pleasurable.

Thanks for sharing your PRICELINE win and experience with the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]