Hotwire Hotel: 2* Baltimore (Bel Air) Candelwood Suites Bel Air

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

I bid up to $61 for 2.5 stars but was not even given a counter offer

I bid up to $45 for 2 stars and was given an offer to bid $50 to accept but then tried hotwire

I accepted 2.5 stars from Hotwire with the amenities of Laundry and Fitness

this was candelwood suites

Nice Hotel, brand new, no complaints about the bed or sheets

I asked for 2 beds though and she said she had to call hotwire because it would cost more so she needed to clear this. She was put on hold so after 10 min or so asked if I would accept a cot. I took a look at it and accepted. The room includes a queen bed and a mini full kitchen (no stove but countertop) No free breakfast or pool but they have one next door!!!

Checking back on hotwire site, the increased cost is $5 which is applied if you put in 3 or more people. So the cost would have been $59 plus tax.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see that HOTWIRE took care of the extra bed cost (or maybe there is no charge for a cot but there is a charge for two beds??)... either way, nice it didn't cost you any additional out of pocket and hopefully you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and another hotel to add to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Correct, she did not charge me for the cot, not sure if that is the norm or if she did this as a favor for me since hotwire was not answering their phones and she could not get the approval. Had I declined the cot, she said she would have recalled hotwire until she got an answer. The cot was well built with a good sized twin mattress so I accepted.

Having stayed here I can say it was a treat!!! The bed was just awesome and very very CLEAN!

This hotel is only 2 yrs old and is in very good condition. I was shocked and amazed to find out that Candelwood suite front desk person act as the bus boy, bellman, concierage, and maid as well as front desk duties. She took her duites without complaint and said, this is the Candle suite way. Very nice personnel, friendly and helpful. THey had a list of movies you can rent for free to be used with the disc player in your room! nice touch. also the Laundry is FREE

No charge to wash and dry your clothes. (50 cents for soap though).

Another difference being here down south is that no one is asking for my ID and credit card imprint. Not one hotel from Maryland down to SOuthCarolina has asked. (check out my priceline south carolina 7/6 -7/7/2011 thread on another comment regarding this since an incident occured during that stay that shows why this is not a good idea for the hotel but i am still perplexed on their reasoning for doing so. I like it since i dont always have my id handy.

• 5 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]