Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Trenton-Princeton (Princeton East-Monmouth Junction) Wyndham F.V.

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

First I tried 3*trenton ( Langhorne) $46 and got a counter offer for $61(I kept this offer on the back burner by closing the browser and starting my bidding over again. I knew at least i could get a hotel for $60 so I was not worried and began my driving. As I got closer to my destination I started bidding again.

I bid 3 * (Langhorne) for $50

I then tried2,5 stars adding (South Brunswick - Cranbury) for $51

I then added (Princeton East - Monmouth Junction) and bid $52

closed browser and bid (South Brunswick) at 2.5 stars for $46

added (Princeton East - Monmouth Junctionn) and bid $50

I then got accepted with this property which is a 3.5 star property. Although Priceline said I saved $60 by bidding. The nightly rate is $159 for tonight.

I was trying to get a 2.5 star property and was hoping for Hampton Inn. I forgot to lower my bid to $35 and ended up overbidding for the property I wanted, as I was in a bit of a rush as my baby was increasing his crying as I was taking long to bid. Oh well, I will be better prepared next time.

The "bad" thing about getting this property was that it took me over an hour and a half to find it.!! I stopped driving because I was tired AND was hoping to not drive anymore. If i knew I was going to spend another hour or so driving , I would have just drove to Delaware!!, The directions I got were hard to follow in the dark and I did not have my gps working. I need a new one ASAP!!

Anyway, since Ive been here its been a bit of a nightmare.

first, given a room with one bed, then after given a room with 2 beds, the keys didn't work

then I checked the room and the sheets were NASTY!! with poop on it gross and something was obviously missing from the room as the wall was vacant where furniture should have been there???

After given another room I checked my bed and was satisfied so I started my bath. Grrr, the tub thingy was broken and i cut my finger, boo hoo. Next I got dressed and my daughter said HER sheets were NASTY!! after looking with the lights on she was right. SHe is not one to complain so ya know they were gross. (she is 8 yrs old and very tired wanting to sleep) SO I gave her "my" bed and went to make me some tea in the bathroom. THe coffee machine was not working and I got a zap in my 2 right fingers and ALL the power went out of the room. (NEver had this happen before). My daugher was so scared she was panicking to leave the room. Once we got that squared away the Keys did not work again (after using the keys once they would not work again, I exchanged keys 4 times and finally just gave up) Then wanting to use the internet guess what? NO wireless, you gotta use the wire on the Desk. Oh I forgot the best part... the note in the bathroom says there will be NO water from 11 am to 5 pm tommorrow. I was thinking of staying another night but Now that is OUT of the question!!

Breakfast is $12 per person, YIKES, what happened to children discounts? At least the parking was free!> Its 4 am and I have yet to get any sleep grrr.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]