Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Hyatt at Fishermans Wharf

ValancyP
By ValancyP,
in

Hi there,

I am looking to book a hotel for my husband and two friends In San Francisco for 11/18/11-11/21/11. I am assuming it's best to go through hotwire since they have the option of booking beyond double occupancy. I am not familiar with San Francisco at all and would like to book them in a convenient location to get around the city on transit. From the maps it looks like the Union Sqaures (E&W) would be best for that but I am not sure. Would love some help choosing the best area(s) to look at and ideas on the best prices for 4*.

I will, of course, use this site's HOTWIRE links for booking.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

At the 4* level USE and USW are usually the first choices, but nearby zones (such as Embarcadero) are also considered if rates in USE and USW are too expensive. What is your expected budget per nite for this stay?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your purchases.

PS- if you've changed your email address you'll need to re-validate your account to post. If you don't see the 'new' validation email you can have one re-sent using the link in the pink strip under the blue banner near the top of the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think two beds for $150 is feasible on Hotwire but you'll probably have more options if you can wait another month or two.

HOTWIRE only has one 4* Downtown with two beds now. It's a 4* in USW for $193. Rates aren't especially high for your dates, so I think the limited inventory is because you're still early.

If you want to wait for more inventory a couple of well-liked cancellable backups would be Le Meridien at $169 or Hotel Rex for $156. You could book one of those and cancel it later if/when you find a better deal.

Great. I am not in any hurry so I am happy to wait a month or two. I wasn't sure when the best time to bid would be to get the best prices. I'll take a look at the cancellable reservations and check back with Hotwire over the next few months. Thanks!

Searching on 3 adults/0 children I see a 4* in Fisherman's Wharf for $125 with these:

Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Laundry, Highspeed

This matches previous reports for Hyatt FW and the 4/5 TripAdvisor matches Hyatt, so that would be my best guess.

BUT....

Hyatt FW is showing SOLD OUT for 11/18-11/21 on Hyatt's website, and on Expedia and Orbitz. It's only Sat night 11/19 that's sold out. 11/18 and 11/20 are available at $209.

There's an outside chance these are new icons for Sheraton FW, which is $182 those nights, but I think Hyatt's more likely.

Earlier you said you wanted USE or USW and if that's still true I think you can get something in those zones, but closer to November. If you want to secure something now then this FW option at $125 looks like a good deal. Since Hyatt shows SOLD OUT this deal is likely to disappear from Hotwire soon.

If you purchase please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know what you get.

I decided to go ahead and book it just to have the trip finished and paid for. My original intent was to aim for the Union squares because I thought they'd be the most convenient to get around but after researching it seemed that Fisherman's wharf would be a really nice stay and it was close enough to downtown to work.

I booked the $125 4* on Hotwire and sure enough it was the Hyatt at Fisherman's wharf. All told the purchase was just under $450 for the three nights, including tax & fees. I'm very happy with that price. Thanks for all your help and yes, I did use the HOTWIRE link to book!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a very nice deal on this stay... especially given that it's for triple occupancy. Hope you're happy with the outcome and can now focus on other aspects of your trip.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]