Priceline Hotel: Resort Puerto Vallarta Westin

Dman
By Dman,
in

I'm seeing a 4* Hotel in Puerto Vallarta that is available for $57 per night most of the rest of the year prior to the Holiday season, including my dates in late October.

Amenities are: Resort, Beachfront, Fitness Center, Pools, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry, High Speed Internet, Golf Nearby.

Also, one of the linked reviews for this property mentions that it's in the Marina Vallarta area. I'm 99% sure this is the Westin or the Sheraton.

In any case, I will probably try to pick this off via Priceline, rather than Hotwire, as I suspect that it can be gotten for $45-55. And the other 4* Priceline property in this area is the Marriott, which is just as nice if not nicer than the Sheraton or Westin.

I'm seeing a 4* beachfront Resort Hotel in Puerto Vallarta that is available for $57 per night most of the rest of the year prior to the Holiday season on Hotwire, including my dates in late October, that's located in Marina Vallarta. I'm 99% sure this is the Westin or the Sheraton.

I'm trying to pick this off via Priceline, rather than Hotwire, as I suspect that this property or something similar can be gotten for $45-55 on PL for these dates. I'd be equally happy with either the Westin, Sheraton, or Marriott at this price level. So far, I've bid for Resort and 4* and failed at $39 and $41. I'll keep bumping the bids by a buck or two up to the mid-$50s. If I can't get it on PL for bids up to $55, then I'll pick it off on Hotwire.

Still unsuccessful at $44 and $45. I noticed that today, when my first bid was $44, the counter-offer price was $59, rather than $57 yesterday when I started at $42. It appears that whenever your bid is close, but within range, that PL's counter-offer comes in at $15 over your initial bid.

FYI, I was simply providing information. While I appreciete that it is well meant, I don't need advice - I am quite experienced at this, and I sure that the winning price remains something under $55 (probably $49, to be precise) and I plan on nailing it exactly, as I have lots of time.

Somewhat surprisingly, bids up to $49 have still not succeeded. Incidentally, I've discovered something interesting - on Hotwire, when I search for this, two different hotels appear to be coming up on my dates as 4* properties with the Resort amenity, for the $57 price, but never at the same time. The amenities are nearly identical, but the only differences that are discernable is one of them has 33 reviews with 90% approving, and according to some of those reviews, it's walking distance to the center of town - I make this out to be the Sheraton. The other one also has an amenity of golf nearby, and it has over 50 reviews, with 95% approving, and one review mentions it's in the Marina area - I make this out to be the Westin. I am nearly certain of this. This has caused me to consider abandoning my Priceline bidding, and choose the Westin specifically for a few bucks more a night than I will probably need to pay on Priceline. It's likely that if I haven't gotten the win by the time I bid up to $53, I will then bail on Priceline and simply pay a few bucks more to get the Westin specifically, as the reviews are clearly slightly better than the Sheraton.

Incidentally, I have changed my dates of bidding now to Oct. 17-21, rather than 17-26 as I am splitting my stay, and on the dates of Oct. 21-26 I am now staying at a local B&B in the zona romantica.

Success at $50 per night! So my initial guestimate of the minimum winning bid was only a dollar off.

Got the Westin in Puerto Vallarta for the nights of Monday Oct. 17 - Friday Oct. 21 for $50/night. With fees and taxes, total cost for 4 nights is $247.12

Mods, feel free to edit the titles of my initial post to conform to the format for reporting winning bids.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]