Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Downtown) Kyoto Grand Hotel

stefmit
By stefmit,
in

Interestingly enough, I am looking at the problem the other way around. I need to specifically find Kyoto Grand Hotel among the options offered by Hotwire, for Los Angeles, so not necessarily the "cheapest" in the downtown area. The only indication of such is that I know of it being 3.5* (by some, of course ... :)).

Here is the question - if I input the more generic "Los Angeles, CA" in Hotwire, I get - for the downtown area - a specific list of hotels (one 4*, one 3.5* and one 3*). Now - if I choose the more specific area (e.g. 2nd and spring st, Los Angeles, CA) - I get another "set" of 4*, 3.5* and 3*. Would this last set be actually the one within which the 3.5* is what I am looking for (in this case Kyoto Grand Hotel)?

TIA,

Stefan

Welcome to the board, stefmit.

What are your travel dates? Does Hotwire offer a 3.5* in Downtown zone on those dates? If you'll post the hotel's icons (pool, restaurant, etc.) someone can offer an opinion whether it looks like Kyoto Grand or not.

If you find different icon sets when searching on the address rather than the city please post both sets of icons that you see.

Please use this HOTWIRE link for your purchases and searches.

Per your link, Hotwire has a 3.5* Downtown for $92 with these icons:

Fitness, Restaurant, Business, Highspeed

That could be a match for either Kyoto Grand or the Marriott. Both have been reported with those icons.

Click the listing's "Continue" button and on the next page you'll see the mystery hotel has a 3.5/5 rating on TripAdvisor. Kyoto Grand and Marriott are both 3.5 on TripAdvisor so that info doesn't help distinguish between them either.

It's a 50/50 gamble then. Sorry I can't give a more definite answer.

If you decide to go for it please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know which hotel you get.

You could also hedge your bet by purchasing just the first two nights. Then if you get Kyoto Grand you could use Hotwire's Add to Stay feature to add two more nights at KG, if available.

Thank you for all the good info ... with your reply, although having just joined the forum today - I also think I figured out how it works!

One more question - this time one of logistics for proper credit being given to this forum, when I link from here to a service provider (e.g. Hotwire): while I was doing some other stuff, my previous session expired, and I was prompted to resubmit the info - would that still credit the original referrer of linking, or would the forum be credited only if I go back and re-link again from here?

For now I will relink, but this may be useful for others, if one wouldn't pay attention ...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- your HOTWIRE sessions will expire in 30 minutes regardless (this minimizes the number of users who leave a browser open for days, then go to purchase a hotel which is no longer available). Please use the links on the board each time you access the respective PRICELINE or HOTWIRE site(s). Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]