Honolulu (HNL) --> Birmingham (BHM)

Rose808
By Rose808,
in

I would like to book 3 roundtrips via the Priceline name your price feature, but only 2 of us are going to use the return flight. Would that be okay to do or will they cancel all of our return trip? We're dropping our daughter off at college and this seems like the cheapest way to go for us. Thanks for any advice!

Im pretty sure that As long as you do not cancel your reservation then neither priceline nor the airline will not cancel yours. The two of you can use your ticket as normal and just not use the third return flight one. You will not be entitled to a refund though of the return ticket.

If you have priced the two round trip tickets and one ticket that is only one way and it is cheaper to purchase three round trip tickets instead then I would go ahead and do it. You are not penalized as far as I know, just that you would not be able to do anything with that last ticket and return flight.

Yeah, the roundtrip is cheaper than a one-way. They didn't accept my bid, but they gave me an alternate offer that is cheaper than my bid, so I really want to do it, but I just thought of this question and was worried they'd cancel the whole reservation if only two show up.

Thanks for the advice. I tried asking the Priceline rep, but she was having trouble understanding me and advised me to not use the name your price option. Well, the cheapest option otherwise is over $300 per ticket more.

I can only see a problem if only two people showed up for the first outgoing flight and then the third person expected to use the third ticket for a return flight home after not using the outgoing ticket. Even in this case they would only cancel that one persons ticket. This is not what you propose to do so I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I can understand the priceline customer service rep being unable to understand what you were requesting but do not let that hold you back from going ahead and purchasing these tickets.

Doesnt make sense that they are offering tickets less expensive than the name your own price but then again sometimes priceline does things that just do not make sense. Maybe if they had more humans making the decisions on acceptable bids instead of computers then common sense would prevail and they would make more money buy accepting more bids, but that is a topic for another discussion.

Hope it works out for you and you save money which is the main reason we all use the priceline options.

www.onetravel.com sometimes has decent rates for one-way tickets. Worth a minute to check, IMHO.

I also agree that one no-show on the return portion of the three tickets won't be a problem for you.

It also usually is possible to call an airline and get them to separate multiple person tickets into individual ones.

Romelle

Thanks for the advice. I waited too long, so had to rebid. Did the same bid as yesterday and once again got a better offer. Just have to leave one day earlier and agree to an off-peak time, which ended up being fine because the off-peak time is the connection in Chicago. Woohoo, I got an amazing deal!! Honolulu to Birmingham for $519. That's including tax! And that's with only on stop. Prices everywhere else are over $1000 for 1 stop. Thanks again!! Oh, and I used the PRICELINE link from this website this time :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results the deal you received... looks great, especially how difficult bidding on airfare can often be.

Can you please post your dates (and flight time itinerary including layover/connection times) so we can add this information to the topic title.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks again for your help! This was my first time bidding for a flight and I was a little nervous about it.

Here's the details of my bid. I bid $600 for HNL to BHM for three people on Friday, 8/5 and returning Sunday, 8/14. That was not accepted, but I was offered Thursday, 8/4 and returning Sunday 8/14 for $439.51 per ticket plus $66.65 in taxes per ticket. Lowest published airline ticket was $1096, so that's a 54% savings!!

Flight details:

Departing 8/4/11

United HNL to ORD 4:00 p.m. - arrive 5:03 a.m. the next day (8/5)

United ORD to BHM 7:01 a.m. - arrive 8:41 a.m.

Return 8/14/11

United BHM to ORD 6:00 a.m. - arrive 8:08 a.m.

United ORD to HNL 10:03 a.m. - arrive 1:55 p.m.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]