Priceline Hotel: 3* Lexington Radisson Plaza Hotel

Steph58
By Steph58,
in

Maybe someone who is familiar with the area could offer an opinion. I'm looking at 9/14-16 and here's what I see:

3.5* = $61 (price fluctuates to $59 sometimes) Suite, restaurant, pool, fitness, golf

2.5* = $57 (price fluctuates to $55) Shuttle, restaurant, pool, fitness, Hi speed, bus ctr

I think these two are probably Sheraton Stes & Hilton Stes. In reality both have the same amenities. I need an airport shuttle. Sheraton stops at 11 p.m. Hilton Stes is 24 hrs. My flight gets in at 10:00 p.m. so that's why Hilton would be preferable in case I'm late. But would Hotwire rate either one of these properties only 2.5*? I don't find any other property that would fit the 2.5* icons. The Lexington South zone has way less properties than the north zone so it narrows down the possibiiltes. Anyone with experience in Lexington? I know I could bid on PL and probably get the DT Hyatt w/airport shuttle, but it doesn't have the best feedback. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback, skidigdug. Good to know that Sheraton Suites is a nice place. I think I've figured out the 2.5*, I believe it's Crowne Plaza Campbell House. Their 24-hour airport shuttle service is a plus for me. I did bid up to $49 on Priceline for a 3* and was rejected, so am just pondering whether to try higher on PL or go with Hotwire.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up going the PL route and got the 3* Radisson Plaza Hotel in the Lexington zone for $45 (prior bids of $37 and $43 rejected for that zone + Lexington South). On Hotwire the 3-1/2* star jumped to $116 a week or so ago. If I'd been positive the 2-1/2* Hotwire hotel was the Crowne Plaza Campbell House, I would have gone that route (now pricing at $55). But if my guess was wrong, I was afraid of what other 2-1/2* property Hotwire might give me. So I am very happy with my $45 rate versus the Radisson rate of $154! Plus they have an airport shuttle until midnight -- perfect. My date is just one night, 9/14.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]