Priceline Hotel: Bidding help JERSEY CITY

Daniel1978
By Daniel1978,
in

Hi everyone !

Can anybody give me bidding help for my forthcoming stay in Jersey City, NJ from 6/10 - 6/14 ? Since I have already stayed there, I would really appreciate going to the HYATT Regency Jersey City. Unfortunately, there seems to be another 3* upscale hotel in the Jersey City Area (DoubleTree ?), which leads to a 50-50 chance of winning the HYATT.

What are the chances of getting the HYATT when bidding for the Jersey City area ? As far as I know, the HYATT came up only a few times within the last months. What would be a suitable bid for the above mentioned period ?

Thank you !

Daniel

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The HYATT has been getting tougher and tougher to get and there is no way of currently targeting this property. If you'd like help bidding for the area we'll be happy to help, but the Hyatt (and 3* in this zone as well) have not been easy to come by lately.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

@ thereuare

Thanks for the warm welcome ! Since I already have my backup reservation for the Hyatt, I would at least give it a try and bid in order to get a better deal.

Maybe you'll need the following information:

Number of nights: 4

Number of persons: 1

Period: 6/10-6/14

Best prices seen: HYATT 139,-- (3 nights), 279,-- (1 night), total 696,--

DOUBLETREE 139,-- (4 nights), total 556,--

What would you suggest ??? As I said before, I would prefer the HYATT rather than the DOUBLETREE.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Daniel

• 6 months later...

Unfortunately, I was not successful with my bids as instructed by you. And as time was running out, I used my backup reservations and had a great time in NYC.

Next time, I will start bidding earlier in order to get a good deal. My good London deal tells me to repeat this :)

So long,

Daniel

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]