Hotwire Hotel: 3* La Jolla Area - please help identify

Chicago009
By Chicago009,
in

I love your board! Thanks for such a great resource.

I am looking at Hotwire 3* La Jolla area - $122/night

7/3-7/6 for 3 rooms

Amenities:

Near Beach

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

I think this may be Hotel La Jolla at the Shores and would like to confirm. Thanks in advance for your help!

I agree that the best guess for the La Jolla property is a new amenity set for the Hotel La Jolla at the Shores.

The Oceanside property has not yet been reported, but i believe the Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina is a likely candidate and that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We have decided to pass on HOTWIRE - the group is concerned that the La Jolla property might be Best Western. I'm now trying to convince them to bid on Priceline Coronado 4*. The opaque rates are too expensive, but the latest bids are under 200. We have a complication though - 3 families are staying from 7/3-7/6. 1 family is leaving a day early 7/3-7/5. Looks like I can book 3 together and there is no guarantee for the 4th family - could be hit or miss. What do you advise - should I try or is there a strategy that could get us all at the same place?

If two parties bid different date sets they could win two different hotels. The only way to guarantee all four families are at the same hotel is bid 7/3-7/6 for four rooms and waste one unneeded night.

There are only two reported 4* in Coronado so the odds of everyone winning the same hotel are better in Coronado than in other zones where there are eight or ten different 4*. But still not 100%.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]