*2.5 DTW Detroit July 10, 2005

Hotel Name: Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport

Your Offer Price: $28.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $28.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $10.82

Total Charges: $38.82

This is a new property to us. I'll report back on it later.

It is near the airport. We are staying at the Westin July 2 for park and fly rate of 119.00 club level (NOT a priceline bid, as we wanted the 8 nights of free airport parking and we are flying Northwest airlines and Westin is connected with it's own security gate) BUT when I called to add on the return flight, one night, they wanted 269.00 for the Westin. No, way! I tried Priceline as the Westin is the only 4* in detroit airport area but 75 was rejected. Figured we did not want to pay much at the end of trip so tried the 2.5 star and Hilton Garden was a winning bid.

By the way, this trip is really shapping up. I got a call from NWA and they offered me a bump of a later flight out of Miami. So for the 3 hours difference, I'm collecting two 300.00 vouchers to use anytime in the coming year. Not bad for tickets that only ran 252.00 to begin with! :)

Cheryl

Congratulations on your success and winning bid!

Was $28 your first bid at the 2.5* level?

Sounds great (on all accounts!)... i'm surprised the airline called you so early before your flight to offer you a bump and voucher.

Thanks for sharing your win and adding this new hotel to the hotel lists!

Enjoy your stay and the rest of your vacation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, first bid out of the gate. Priceline popped up the screen saying that hotels in this area with this star rating are going for around 99.00 a night so priceline wanted me to know to up my chances by uping my bid? (not a direct quote here) lol... I said nope, take the 28 and just sat back and waited. Sure enough, it was accepted and when I went to the web site, their lowest rate was 119.00 a night. They might have AAA discount, but I did not want to fool around digging out my number to see what it might be. Anyway, short answer was Yes, first bid. (But I was never one much for keeping post short!) LOL

Cheryl

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]