Can I pay with 2 cards when bidding on 2 rooms?

mommabean
By mommabean,
in

Hi,

Yes, I've posted every win I've even gotten.

Now I need help with Priceline because their help site isn't working.

We will be traveling with friends and will need 2 rooms. They want to pay with their card and of course we want to pay with ours. Is it possible to use 2 cards on one bid for 2 rooms and have the price split equally?

Gina

Unfortunately that's not possible. One credit card per transaction.

You could do two separate bids---one on your card, one on theirs---but there's some risk you might win two different hotels.

Hotwire would be less risky for two separate transactions. If the icons, prices, and review statistics are the same for two separate Hotwire purchases then probably (still not 100%) they're the same hotel.

Or could one party do the Priceline bidding for both rooms and the second party reimburses the first for their share?

This is what I assumed.

We want to be in the same hotel.

I am willing to pay with my card but not the other way around. We want our ff miles from the card and we are the Americans in the deal and would lose on the currency exchange. They would have to convert from Aussie dollars to pay us but I'm not sure how they feel about it at this point. It would be most beneficial and easier if priceline just allowed 2 cards as payment.

This is for a hotel in Hawaii in 4/2012 so there is still time to think about it. Maybe we'll get lucky and find a place and price we can live with by just booking it direct.

Thanks for your help.

Gina

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]