Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Sheraton

littletown
By littletown,
in

Winning bid for *4 Sheraton for 7/9/11-7/12/11 $129. Placed this bid on Friday 5/27/11. Started bid at $112 and went up from there. Had to toggle Downtown Pike Place, Downtown Space Needle and Lake Union area before bid accepted.

I have four more days to book in Seattle for this same week and wait and see if prices come down in June. I got the Sheraton for $112 last year, so this is an increase. We like the Seattle Sheraton very much, so are pleased to get it and if we get it again for our next bid that will be fine.

Sometimes PRICELINE lets you process a request for additional days at the hotel you won for the same price. I had never used this optioin until our last PRICELINE stay. My son informed me of it. I looked over my confirmation and I am not sure how I did it, but I was able to request an equal number of days at the same price. In my case, the hotel did accept and we were able to extend our time at the hotel, which happened to be our first choice for the area we were visiting.

Trying to figure out how to post my win properly, but not having luck with edit options for Title and Topic options.
The board administrators will take care of it.

I did try to extend my stay with Priceline's offer to do so and my request to add three more days was refused. Priceline didn't give me the option to try again for less number of days, but directed me to their Sheraton special rate price page which was offering rooms for $145 a night. I entered my dates on that page and they said they didn't have inventory for the dates I wanted. I'm thinking they might still have rooms, but didn't want to book them for that price on those dates.

I don't know if they want us to start a new thread or not. I have been having trouble trying to get the next four days of our trip booked for decent prices. We are a bit early for sure. But inventory is probably sketchy. I am going to bid for 3 days and see if they let me extend. If I can't get anything can always pay the $157 on Hotwire. I don't have nerves of steel and with a family, I don't like waiting until late, because of the unknowing factor. But, prices tend to go down closer to your dates, just don't know about consecutive days being all that available. It's all anybody's guess!

I don't know if they want us to start a new thread or not. I have been having trouble trying to get the next four days of our trip booked for decent prices. We are a bit early for sure. But inventory is probably sketchy. I am going to bid for 3 days and see if they let me extend. If I can't get anything can always pay the $157 on Hotwire. I don't have nerves of steel and with a family, I don't like waiting until late, because of the unknowing factor. But, prices tend to go down closer to your dates, just

don't know about consecutive days being all that available. It's all anybody's guess!

I've been trying 4* for weeks in both DT Seattle areas, Pikes and Space Needle.

I've worked up to $129 for 7/8. NOTHING biting.

Watch out for the 3 1/2* in Pike. It may mean the Silver Cloud Broadway.

OUCH. That is a walk.

I've been trying 4* for weeks in both DT Seattle areas, Pikes and Space Needle.

I've worked up to $129 for 7/8. NOTHING biting.

Watch out for the 3 1/2* in Pike. It may mean the Silver Cloud Broadway.

OUCH. That is a walk.

You could get the Sorrento by bidding for the 4 star. Their website suggests a cab to downtown. :)

I just got rejected at $130 for a 4-star in both DT locations for 7/13-7/16. Does this seem normal? Am I bidding too early?

In general I bid within a week or two of needing a hotel. I will often book a cancellable reservation well ahead of time to make sure I have accommodations. Then as we get closer to our travel dates, I will try Priceline.

Overall, it does seem like winning bids are on the high side for this summer. At least high for me. I see a few good deals, but many are more than I want to bid.

I don't understand why people can't comment where they want? If people are naturally inclined to converse on winning bid posts, why all the effort to herd people to a new topic. You want new topics to be posted in the Forum section? If I'm looking at winning bids for a specific area and I see a winning bid with 15 comments I am going to be drawn there to read those. I like using this site, but it is rather hand slappy and that has been very noticeable to me over the past year. Maybe you should rethink how people are inclined to dialogue on the internet. I know you don't want chaos, but you seem to spend a lot of time trying to get rivers to flow in the direction you want. Frankly, it's weird.

I don't understand why people can't comment where they want... I know you don't want chaos...

Rates are date specific, and while you may not realize it, rates for 7/8 can be very different then rates for 7/9-7/12, which can in turn be very different then for 7/13-7/16 (all of which are discussed in this thread). While i wouldn't describe it as "chaos" we have found over the years that having each stay in its own thread helps keep the board better organized and more accessible for others to find it. As well, having a separate thread for each stay from the start allows us to edit the topic title with the eventual win which is then tied into and allows the win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. Also, it keeps the progress for the stay in one place, so that future users can see what it took for the eventual win... if all the discussion took place in this thread, and then a new thread is created with what was won, it may have looked easy since all the 'work' for the win would be in this thread (and nobody would know to look here to see the effort put forth)

So there are a lot of moving parts and facets, and we how found that this is the best way to keep things orderly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]