FL Ft Lauderdale B Ocean Fort Lauderdale Beach

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

This hotel was the old Holiday Inn and recently purchased by a Caribbean Island brand name called B. Hotwire says it is Oceanfront but the property is actually across the street from the ocean with no buildings in front of it just a sidewalk. It is a cute boutique type hotel which hires young, good looking people to work there. You will notice this right away when you check in. Check-In was easy as long as you don't let the valet parking fee knock you over! It is $25 a night and mandatory. There is no other parking place to utilize that is close enough or convienent enough to park anywhere else. You do get unlimited parking times and valet is very courteous and quick. You can even call ahead from your room if your in a hurry. Upon entering the room An overwhelming beautiful odor that makes the room feel crisp and clean surrounds you. If you ask about it, the people that work there can't smell it because they have been working there too long! I had a room with two double beds the beds are full size so they are not that big.. All the rooms over look the ocean. SOme rooms have windows from the top of the ceiling to the bottom of the floor to take advantage of the great view. (these are more $$). They have a plate of items that cost $5 each that range from Emergency chocolate, toys for kids, water, and snacks. There is a pizza restaurant just outside the hotel and an icecream shop both places sell beverages. THe pizza is good as long as you are careful not to allow the cheese to slide down to just two slices. The rooom is small but adequate. there is a safe . the bedding is all white. the flooring allows for the sandy feet from the sand to be washed off before you enter the "bedroom". THe bathroom has updated fixtures with spa quality shampoo, soap, mouthwash, and lotion. Only showers, no bathtubs in my room. THere is no door to the shower either which comes in handy when you walk in from the beach with sandy feet. The beds have a beautiful stuffed animal on it... if you want it there is a price tag on it.. $30 and up. I got a laugh about that since they have price tags on everything in the room just in case you like it so much that you decide to take it you will know what u will be charged on your cc before you leave! THe pool area is small. THey offer beds around the pool but only three of them and they are always occupied. They have a sitting area with couches but the bushes drop down pricklies so u must cover the cushion with a towel. THe water is not heated and there is no hot tub that i can see. A small pool bar is open and just inside there are two restaurants one is a small bar type and the other is a upscale restaurant type where they overcharge you just for a glass of water. I did not go into either so I cannot comment on the food. The beds were comfy to sleep on. Just beware because housekeeping will just cover your bed with your same sheets if you do not ask to change sheets, even then they will say "no understand" and have to come back and change the sheet for you. THey did a fine job after asking the second time though. Everyone is out looking for tips so keep a few dollar bills in a convenient place.

That reminds me, It is there policy to bring in your luggage because of "insurance" reasons you cannot take up your luggage yourself. After an hour of waiting i returned to the front and wheeled my own luggage back to my room with a man running after me to help. He of course wanted a tip and as a plus offered to show me my room??? I have my own two eyes and the room is not that big so I cant say i understand that service. He even went over how to make a phone call. I did not tip him because I had waited an hour and brought my own lugguge up but.. oh well.

Overall an enjoyable place to be and you can walk down the strip in either direction or a short drive to the mall on sunrise. Great water views allows you to see the sunrise and/or sunset in your own room which i overslept and missed.

No coffee/tea in the rooms and no microwave or refrigerator either. Small lobby, internet included. Breakfast was not included either.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]