Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Newport-Huntington Beach) Sutton Place

travelgal
By travelgal,
in

Hi,

I'm new to the priceline web site and love your site. I will be in Newport Beach August 26-28, 2005 and would like to stay at a 4* on the beach, or as close as possible. Can you give me some advice for bidding as I would really like to get the Hyatt Huntington Beach. I would like to know where to start bidding. Thanks for any information you can give me.

Are you aware you could get either the Hyatt Huntington Beach or the Hyatt at Newport Beach? both are listed as wins at 4* in that area so you have to be happy to win either. I believe weekends can be more expensive than weekdays so you need to consider that too. It may help if you list the rates that you see for your party for that dates off the Hyatt or any other website you are using. I booked this hotel (week days) direct via Hyatt.com and they gave me a second room at 50% off for the kids. I think I emailed them rather than use the reservation system.

Thereuare will be able to help I am sure when you confirm if you are happy to get either hotel.

Hi! Thanks for your replies. I just checked Hyatt.com and they show availability at Hyatt Huntington Beach for $265 and Hyatt Newport Beach for $240. Either of these hotels would work, so I am happy with either one of them. I will try tonight. Do you suggest I start at $70 (I am trying not to go above $85). Thanks for all of your help.

Sorry,Hyatts system must have been down when I checked. I checked twice because I thought it was strange there were no rooms.

When I won 4th of July weekend for $69 the Hyatt.com rate was $240 per night

You have 8 re-bid zones available at the 4* level, if you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask quesitons and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

Select 4* Newport/HB...

Bid $67, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $69, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $72, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80... if rejected report back and we'll update accordingly.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]