Priceline Hotel: 2* Newark (Jersey City) Candlewood Suites

Bearycuddles
By Bearycuddles,
in

This site is awesome! I placed my bid for the first time on PL with the help from previous postings. :)

1st bid on 05/14/05 /3-star/Jersey City/05-26 to 05-31/$75 - REJECTED

2nd bid SAME DAY/2.5-star/Jersey City/05/26 to 05-31/$75 - REJECTED

3rd bid SAME DAY/2-star/Jersey City/05-26 to 05-31/$80- ACCEPTED!

Hotel:

Candlewood Suites Jersey City Exchange Place

21 Second Street

Jersey City, New Jersey 07302

United States

201-659-2500

Check-In Date: Thursday, May 26, 2005

Check-Out Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2005

$80 per night. Total cost $469.24

This is my first trip to New York; and hotels in Manhattan were just completely out of my league. Jersey City was a great alternative for the budget conscious traveler. :)

this is a good hotel to base your NY trip, each room has a refrigerator, microwave, three burner stove, it's like a mini apartment. If you don't feel like walking the two blocks to the PATH station, the hotel van can take you around. Free parking too! Your trip will coincide with Fleet Week:

Fleet Week is a week long celebration of the U.S. Navy hosted by the City of New York. During Fleet Week, approximately 15 U.S. Navy and foreign warships, as well as U.S. Coast guard Vessels, anchor in and around the city. The public is invited to tour some of the ships, as well as view military demonstrations and crew competitions.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's usually recommended to LOWER YOUR STAR RATING IF YOU LOWER YOUR BID, feel free to ask for help before bidding for your next stay.

dahammer, nice note on the Fleet Week even... it's a nice event to watch, especially if you're on the water like this hotel is (and you'll notice a LOT of sailors in uniform walking around the city).

Thanks for the post.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We attended Fleet Week two years ago, stayed in Secaucus at the Embassy Suites using HHonors points. We were two adults and three kids, so we drove over on Sunday and found parking on the street, might have been Ninth Ave. The lines to get onto some of the ships were very long, but if you pay for admission onto the USS Intrepid , you can get onto some of the ships that are docked next to the USS Intrepid without having to wait in the "free line" Since our visit, I think they have added a retired Concord Supersonic Jet to the musuem. There were ships from all over the world available to tour.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]