690 Gateway Boulevard

San Francisco, California 94080

Your Offer Price: $44.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $88.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $20.53

Total Charges: $108.53

$43 rejected in SSF, USE, USW, FW, and couldn't get anything for more than 2 nights for up to $45.

Hotwire is offering a 3* hotel in this zone for $41, but I didn't feel like experimenting. It's really disappointing that Hotwire is now frequently beating Priceline rates.

Glad to see you around regularly once again :) .... hope your trip was a success and you're not too disappointed to be back home again.

I seem to recall that you like this hotel so it worked out ok for you, but it think the 'baton' of who has the better deal will come and go in cycles, just as the hotel market does.

Thanks for your latest post and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The trip was good, thanks. Hope you found my review of the Berlin Moevenpick entertaining ;-)

I've just noticed the Hotwire coupon thread, so now I'm tempted to check out the 3* hotels Hotwire is offering in SFO North for $41-$43. Depending on the dates I enter, two different hotels come up: one with just a shuttle, another with a shuttle and a restaurant. Care to guess which they are, thereuare? Do you think they might be the same hotel?

Here are other (likely) 3* hotels i see in the zone and amenties offered but not listed on the HOTWIRE offer above:

Best Western - pool

Four Points - Hi-speed Internet, Fitness

Courtyard (2 in the area): both have hi-speed internet and pool (at least one only has a restaurant for breakfast)

HGI - hi-speed internet, pool

The Holiday Inn also lists a Fitness center but that is an amenity more likely to be left off than a pool. Also note that the Holiday Inn is undergoing renovations during the month of May ('no guest services are disrupted')

PS- i did read your review... sounds like my kind of place! Between your review and watching this seaon's Amazing Race, i think i have to get overseas more often!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So we can't really tell. Looks like I'll have to book and find out. Considering that Priceline has just rejected all my offers up to $45 in SSF for any combination of nights beginning 5/17, and the $10 off coupon for Hotwire, looks like Hotwire is the way to go anyway.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]