Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW-Nob Hill) Prescott Hotel

sophielaura
By sophielaura,
in

• 3 months later...

I have won two rooms in San Fran @ the Preston. I'm a family of 2 adults and 4 teenagers. Most hotels we win through Priceline give us 2 x double rooms which works fine, and we have no issues over 3 per room.

Dropped the Preston an email re having our rooms near each other. Reply was no worries, we have you down for 2 rooms x 1 Queen per room.

Question, can we have 3 people per room? Never had this before, is this the norm in San Fran??

Kind regards

John

If this thread seems a little confusing two threads were merged.

sophielaura,

Priceline only guarantees double occupancy which could be a room with one bed. There are cities/zones/hotel chains where it's usually easy to get two beds on request, and bidders who mostly use Priceline in those places sometimes get the idea that two beds for free on request is the norm everywhere. It's not.

Union Square area is one of those neighborhoods where one bed is the norm on Priceline, and two beds if you're lucky. A lot of hotels near Union Square are 80-100 years old, built when hotel rooms were smaller than they are today, and there's just not room for two beds. They can be very nice hotels, but with small rooms. Paying an upgrade fee for two beds is common near Union Square. Not just on Priceline. The hotels charge more for two beds to guests who book conventionally too.

Some of the newer hotels like Hilton and Parc55 have bigger rooms and more two-beds, but there's no way to assure you'll win one of those on Priceline.

When bidders want two beds near Union Square we usually suggest Hotwire, where you can gurantee bedding for all, although HW usually costs more than PL. Two beds are also easier to get in Fisherman's Wharf zone or near the Airport than Union Square. (But not guaranteed anywhere.)

If Prescott had two-bed rooms available they might offer them to you for an upgrade fee, but all I see available for your dates is single Queen and Single King, from $349. I see two-double rooms available on other nights, but not yours.

I would contact the Prescott and be frank about your situation. "We have two rooms but it turns out there might be six of us. Are any options available? Do you have cots? Could we get two beds for a fee?" Hopefully you can work something out with them. But if you can't you want to know where you stand in advance, so you can make arrangements...maybe a third room if necessary, or a foam pad on floor, if fire code allows.

Different subject but this thread shows how sometimes bidding far ahead is best. You got this for $95 bidding last April. Bidding 4* now would probably need $150 or more.

Thanks guys it's my spelling, same hotel. Always buy ahead of time since I found your site last year.

As regards contacting the hotel, guy basically said through several emails get lost and talk to Priceline. No worries yiu win some lose some.

As regards my family we are 3 x 18+ and 3 x under 17. Now according to hotel website no comment re number of people in room other than kids U17 can stay free, so as long as they don't cut up over 3 people per room, my wife and I will slum it.

I don't know of a specific event those days; SF has just been busy all summer.

With the Prescott now sold out you can almost plan on getting one Queen per room, and probably no upgrades to King or two Doubles will be available. Are you willing to sleep three in a Queen sized bed? If not I'd seriously consider booking another room nearby in advance. At this point a 2* or 2.5* might cost as much as you're paying for the 4*. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]