Priceline Hotel: coastal ereas advice

carpetmaster
By carpetmaster,
in

I plan on going to go to san diego coastal ereas in the month of july 11 through the 17th. this was the most strategic when I looked at pricing and availability in that month it is not during com con or the holiday. I have reserched and reserched about pricing on all the other sites. I would like to stay in la jolla in a three star or above. The erea that la jolla is in a big erea and covers alot of erea! I am wondering if there is a strategy to have la jolla as the winning bid versus around the bay. I am worried if I bid to low and get it they will stick me around the bay or elsewhere. Since I have a lot of time should I start four star and bid at fifty with increments of 5 up till where I saw bids accepted last year? any adivice would be appreciated! :)

Since you only want La Jolla I don't suggest using PRICELINE. Priceline's Coastal zone includes La Jolla and Mission Bay, and there's no way to exclude Mission Bay from your bids.

Even though it can cost a bit more HOTWIRE might work better for you because HW has a distinct La Jolla zone.

For your dates HOTWIRE has five hotels in La Jolla, from a 5* for $382 to a 2* for $107. Some are opaque (name not given) and some disclose the name. Do you see any Hotwire listings that interest you?

If you want something ID'ed please post the icons and someone will try.

Please use this HOTWIRE link for your purchases.

This property has not yet been reported to the board, but the Travelodge looks to be a good fit and that would be my best guess for this one.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Through what I believed to be the hotels the two star being the travelodge and the the three star being best western plus in by the sea in la jolla. After researching I have found that I can actually book these hotels cheaper through there own websights! I have not totally given up because i am a gambling man I am going to put a few bids in on coastal ereas on priceline. I did notice that on hotwire the two star hotel jumped in one day from 111 to 180? Seemed to do that when I was posting about it here? Oh well! Hotwire did not seem to great of an option

I need to correct myself. It seems Hotwire no longer pays double the difference if you find a lower rate someplace else. They only pay the actual difference now, not double. This is a change in longstanding policy.

I did notice that on hotwire the two star hotel jumped in one day from 111 to 180?

I don't know if the $180 was a glitch or what but I'm seeing the 2* La Jolla for $111 now and it looks like Travelodge to me too. Not many 2* hotels have 4/5 TripAdvisor rating, but the Travelodge does.

You can book the Travelodge for $82.46 on Expedia. With parking and breakfast included, good reviews, and the La Jolla location you want that seems like a pretty decent deal to me for July dates.

If you book it please use the board's Expedia link. Or if you try Priceline please let us know what you come up with.

Good luck!

This sight has helped me alot and I am surprised by the response I get. Right now this is what I have done. I need a room for my family wich is 2 kids and a baby that is 9 months. I see the good deal on the travelodge but it is only for one bed. The price jumps a ton for double beds. My dates after searching around com com and a music festival. The exact best and cheapest times where nothing is going on in july is the 24 through the 30 for me. What I found wich the sight has helped me do is I found the best western inn by the sea . i booked it as a back up for those dates. It was 119 a night booking direct, cheaper than booking through hotwire and any other sight and is refundable and did not need the money now. what my plan is is to watch the sight until then and if something comes ups better for the price I will snag it. the three star for those dates I believe is best western in by the sea in la jolla. Estecia popped up cheap today and was disclosed! But after research I would rather stay in best western because of location and the reviews. I did notice that the price came down on the three star a couple of dollar if it was the holiday in I would jump on it but I think it is the best western. Now I have some relief because I can continue to watch this sight and if something better comes up I can grab it. If it does I will definitley book it throught this sight! But for six nights for best western it was only 730. No one could touch it. I have untill the 23 of july to cancle it!

I think you've got your strategy together. You have a solid backup now, Best Western by the Sea for $119, while you wait for a better deal to come along, and with two months to go there's a good chance one will.

I didn't understand til now that you need two beds. That's another reason not to use Priceline for this. Only one bed guaranteed.

Keep us posted if something develops.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]