Priceline Hotel: Need advice for L'Ermitage

zaq
By zaq,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

Keep in mind that although the L'Erminage is the only 5* hotel reported to the board in this zone, there could be others, and you could be the first to report a new hotel to the board... so you're bidding on a 5* hotel in this zone, not this specific property.

With the above noted, how high are you willing to bid for a 5* hotel in this zone? While you're current bids are about a 35% discount to prevailing rates, if the hotel is busy they may not offer a deep discount to the opaque suppliers (or if really busy any inventory at all), instead hoping to sell rooms themselves at full price.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the comment.

I would like to keep it under $300, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen (I've tried up to $295 at this point). I would be fine with any other 5* in the neighborhood for that price, but doesn't look like any others have been offered in the past.

L'ermitage hardly ever comes up. In fact it's only been reported as a Priceline win once. That bidder won it for $238 on nights when it cost $318. L'ermitage doesn't seem to discount much, and on a night when it's $435 it may not be on Priceline at all. See this post:

The only Priceline win for the L'ermitage.

As alternatives HOTWIRE has:

4.5* in Beverly Hills-West Hollywood for $211: looks like Sofitel

4* in Hollywood for $193: looks like the W

Do either of these interest you? If so please use the board's HOTWIRE link and let us know what you get.

Just as FYI the Hotwire 4.5* in Bev Hils-WeHo that looks like Sofitel has dropped from $211 to $163 since yesterday:

Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Highspeed

If you still want to try for a Hollywood 4* on Priceline you've got THREE rebid zones. Those are zones that only have hotels less than 4* quality. If you need help determining your three rebids please ask.

This is a Saturday night stay and Hollywood rates are to the high side. (W $369, Roosevelt $279).

I suggest bidding $120 for a 4* in Hollywood. Then add your three rebid zones one at a time, raising your bid $15 with each. (i.e. bid $135, $150, and $165).

Please start your bids with this PRICELINE link and let us know how it goes, or ask if you have other questions. Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]