Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter) The Westgate Hotel

madabb
By madabb,
in

Hello,

I've been bidding for San Diego Coastal (hoping for Hyatt Aventine in La Jolla or nearby) with no avail.

bidding from $55 up to $99 (4stars) for the last 2 weeks. It seems odd that it would cost so much. I am wondering if there's something going on in San Diego during this time. (Del Mar fair or graduation?)

Any advices would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Rates don't appear too high for these dates, but i'm guessing that this is coming into high season for hotels in this area and they're holding onto inventory in hopes of selling the rooms themselves (at full price) rather then offering deep discounts to the opaque suppliers.

A bid of $100-$120 may be the difference between success/failure, or if you don't want to bid this high at this point in time, i'd book a refundable back-up while you continue to try PRICELINE in the weeks to come, hoping for lower priced inventory to be added to the system.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried any 3.5* bidding in Coastal or Del Mar areas yet? (Del Mar doesn't have 4*.)

Your dates are a weekend during Del Mar Fair, which I didn't realize at the start. Of course that affects occupancy and rates may be higher than other "normal" weekends.

HOTWIRE has nothing in Del Mar for your dates...and nothing in La Jolla higher than 3*, which is $101.

The Hilton Del Mar is available for $139 cancellable or $118 prepaid on Hotels.com. The cancellable rate might make a good backup if you want to wait it out for a deal on Hotwire or Priceline. Or maybe you'll want to play it safe and book the Hilton at $118 prepaid. Or try bidding 3.5* on PRICELINE in the Del Mar zone, in the $60-100 range and see if you can get the Hilton for less. Someone can give a strategy if you want.

• 3 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread and sharing your previous win with the board.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]