Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Portland (Lake Oswego-Tigard) Crowne Plaza

Noob_888
By Noob_888,
in

We are not familar with the area. Most if not all the recent bids in the area are quite old. We're not sure where to stay nor the category of the hotels. Consequently, I am feeling very overwhelmed. We are looking for a couple nights accomodation at a decent quiet close to downtown h/motel with some amenities like pool but that's not a must. Our dates are 05/20 to 05/22.

I know in the past, I have looked but never bidded on hotels in Las Vegas. However, I am very familiar with the rating system of the hotels in the area since there is a lot of activity there. Consequently, I don't think I would necessarily feel overwhelmed if I had to bid on a hotel there unlike in Portland.

Is there a simple but current listing of hotels in the downtown Oregon area and their ratings? I don't like the "pinned" method of clicking and seeing the results. I do like the map feature but I would like a text version as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Most if not all the recent bids in the area are quite old.
I don't think you're looking in the right place then... if you enter "Portland" into the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at the top of the page there are at least 25 results in this area in less then a month.
I know in the past, I have looked but never bidded on hotels in Las Vegas
Please follow-up your previous Priceline Las Vegas thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... even if you canceled the trip or booked direct. As well, if you've had any PRICELINE / HOTWIRE wins in the last 5 years (since joining this board) it would be appreciated if you began to post your wins so that others can benefit from the information.
Is there a simple but current listing of hotels in the downtown Oregon area and their ratings?
See the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare, thanks for the reply. I was looking wrong initially. thanks for the tip on the quicksearch box. i didnt ssee it at all and i had to look hard a few times to spot it. :)

once again, thanks for the link to the hotels in portland. that helps a lot. not sure what I was doing the first time.

just an FYI. I did bid a few times for Portland, but not once did I get a counter offer. Is that normal?

BTW, I hadnt ever booked with PL or HW before. I just checked prices and got my bids rejected so I had no information to add.

N

We are looking for a couple nights accomodation at a decent quiet close to downtown h/motel with some amenities like pool but that's not a must. Our dates are 05/20 to 05/22.

A number of hotels in downtown Portland don't have pools. You're more likely to find a pool in the suburban zones. What's more important for this stay, being downtown or having a pool? Downtown hotels also charge for parking and the suburban hotels generally do not.

I did bid a few times for Portland, but not once did I get a counter offer. Is that normal?

How high did you bid and for what quality levels? Did you bid the Downtown zone only? With that info someone can offer an opinion whether you're bidding at realistic levels.

Pool and parking is definitely more important that being in downtown. I started with $50/night for DT Portland @3.5 stars only just to get a feel. Not knowing what's outside of the DT core or near the airport is a concern. We are light sleepers so we don't want to be disturbed by airplanes.

Our focus is any h/motel near the main shopping areas that has WIFI, free breakfast and parking, and a pool (preferred).

I heard Woodburn has some really good shopping but it's quite a drive from DT Portland. I'd like to check out the zoo and some other sites if there is enough time.

Woodburn has the best and largest outlet mall in the Portland area. Woodburn's about 30 miles from downtown Portland, a straight shot down I-5. Unless you plan to spend both days at the outlet mall I don't suggest Woodburn as a place to stay though, as it's a bit remote from most of Portland's attractions.

For a hotel I'll suggest Lake Oswego area. Lake Oswego is an upscale suburban area in between Portland and Woodburn with easy freeway access to both, and Lake Oswego often has some of the area's best hotel values.

HOTWIRE has a 3* in Lake Oswego-Tigard zone for $51 that matches previous reports for the Holiday Inn Express South-Lake Oswego. Icons are: Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness, Pool, Highspeed.

This hotel seems to have what you're looking for: parking, breakfast, and internet all free plus an indoor pool. There's always a chance some other new hotel could come up but if this isn't the Holiday Inn Express it's another hotel with a Pool and Breakfast and a 95% approval rating.

If you purchase please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know which hotel you get, or ask if you have other questions.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the prices have picked up, drats.

Any how, I took the plunge and I was scared, lolz. Booked with Hotwire and got the Crowne Plaza @ Lake Oswego-Tigard for $49.00 a night. Not sure what the additional $8 or so dollars per night fee was. I imagine it was Hotwire's admin fee? How do I post my rate to the site so people have a reference on the hotel for the area?

Thx

Noob_888

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Can you also please confirm that this hotel is currently rated 3* by HOTWIRE

Not sure what the additional $8 or so dollars per night fee was. I imagine it was Hotwire's admin fee?
Yes, this is the HOTWIRE booking fee
How do I post my rate to the site so people have a reference on the hotel for the area?
I have edit your post so you don't have to do anything.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

No problem. I like the feedback I am getting in this forum :)

The hotel is now listed as 3.5 stars on Hotwire.

The amenities are: Fitness CenterPool(s)Restaurant(s)Business CenterHigh-Speed Internet Access.

Shall I post back after my stay whether or not breakfast, parking and free WIFI is included? I know for me, these are kind of important.

Where would I report back? What probably MOST of us don't know is that they seem to treat Priceline and Hotwire customers like #$%!...at least from Trip Advisor. The hotel is about 30 miles or 50 kms from the Wayburn outlets, that doesnt seem very close? The location of the hotel is also is off the freeway and it's noisy. Earplugs are given in the rooms. Rooms are of 2 star quality, not the 4.5 star that Hotwire seems to advertise. If I do have a bad experience, I definitely will not be using PL or HW again. And if that's the case, how do I make a formal complaint to HW or PL?

Where would I report back?
Just add a reply to this thread or you can post in the Hotel Review section of the board.
The hotel is about 30 miles or 50 kms from the Wayburn outlets, that doesnt seem very close?
Your hotel could be anywhere within the zone that you chose, which i assume this one is.
If I do have a bad experience, I definitely will not be using PL or HW again. And if that's the case, how do I make a formal complaint to HW or PL?
It sounds as if you may have already committed to having a bad stay, but upon your return you'll be sent an email asking about the hotel which you can send back.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hardly. The (recent) reviews suggest it's not going to be a good stay considering how the hotel is treating HW and PL guests. I think this forum needs to be a better job at reporting and addressing this issue. I've done searching for this hotel in this forum and the info is quite dated. Most importantly, one cannot ignore the subjective evidence. Your response gives me cause to be concerned. I am not one of those people who put on colored glasses just to see a tinted view of reality. At the same time, I go in there with an open mind and I am never critical, judgmental, or bias. However, I will call it as I see it and there WILL be pictures to follow if I see what I shouldn't see. :)

I think this forum needs to be a better job at reporting and addressing this issue.
We do have a Hotel Review section where users are able to post their experiences.
I've done searching for this hotel in this forum and the info is quite dated.
This isn't the most widely traveled area for users of the board, but there is certainly enough information to make an educated purchase. You could have asked for help in identifying this property before your purchase.

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]